PDA

View Full Version : Bay Boy

Ian F.
12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Bay boy,

It seems obvious to me that you are not a fan of mine, not sure what I did or did not do to offend you so much, but such is life on the internet. I believe you are still in high school, and as such will chaulk it up to that.

I thought I would bring something to your attention that you may have missed.

On October 30th, you posted the follwing,

He’s right Pitt Marsh is the way to go just do a search on the forum. Get out in a boat or canoe and check it out there is a little launch before Pitt lake parking lot you’ll see trucks there on the week end. Try to get to the upper end (Pitt lake end) lots of open water and ducks:lol:
Good luck!

Then most recently on December 14th, you mad the following post,

Head back to the pitt marsh! Lot's of birds, get yourself a small boat or canoe and put in just before pitt lake you'll see a little access point off Rannie road almost to the Lake. do a search here on the pitt tons of good information. We tend to hunt the top part of the marsh a big open area almost directly east of the access point. But lately there has been some others hunting the area so I was told that a better spot for my friends and I might be the south east corner by the dyke's.

Shoot em high!

The first post you replied to recieved 379 views, and the most recent one 247 as of 8am this morning.
Do you think the fact that you have a lot of company in your current spot has anything to do with this?

Further, the "new place" you were instructed to try out is now public information, did the person that told you about it intend for you to tell the whole world?

I love your passion for the sport, I have the same and I love the fact you are trying to help others, I do the same and get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it, even when I get criticized for such.

If you wish to continue to enjoy the success you have had so far, and wish to hunt with some semblence of safety and privacy, you may wish to refrain from giving away directions on a public board to your honey holes.

I'm expecting a less then cordial response, maybe you could try and let me down?

Very best,

Ian

Busterbrown
12-26-2007, 12:07 PM
I am unsure of the motive for this post but I will assume that it is because Badboy has suggested that other hunters go to the Pitt Polder to hunt birds, when you consider it your personal honey hole. Please be advised that the Polder is a PUBLIC ,very popular spot to hunt waterfowl and has been such for many years. Unfortunatly many hunters put up permanent blinds and then consider it to be their own personal hunting preserve.I have hunted in there on and off for 25 years. I would like to suggest that directions to the makeshift boat launch be posted as well as some of the better shooting locations which would allow more members as well as new hunters to have a better and continued water fowl experience. If you truly enjoy teaching new hunters perhaps you would like to share some of your spots with other members.
If anyone would like directions to some great areas in the Pitt Polder send me a PM and I would be more than happy to send you in the right direction

Ian F.
12-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Buster,

I thought I was pretty clear in my post, guess not.

Restated, If you post up directions to places to hunt, folks will go there and hunt. PERIOD, plain and simple.

"It appeared" to me that bay boy did not see the cause and effect of his actions, as so I was simply bringing that to his attention.

I could have said nothing and many times wonder why I participate in internet forums at all.

It is your choice to post public spots here, via pm or in the newspaper, your choice. My choice is to give people the skills to find their own spots akin to teaching someone to fish versus giving them a fish. No where have I indicated that Pitt is my honey hole, nor that I build blinds, both things I do not do. Please do not confuse me with someone else.

Very best,

Ian

Mr. Dean
12-26-2007, 09:43 PM
It is your choice to post public spots here, via pm or in the newspaper, your choice. My choice is to give people the skills to find their own spots akin to teaching someone to fish versus giving them a fish.

I agree 100% with this statement. Pointing someone to an animal teaches nadda... Except how to be dependant on someone else finding game for them.

JoshLedoux
12-26-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm with you on this one Ian. people will always know our hunting spots but it's usually the ones who have traipsed through mud and muck for hours and tracked migration patterns, Ie: ones who have earned the right to hunt beside us.

Phreddy
12-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I couldnt agree more Ian. I've seen too many excellent hunting and fishing areas decimated by loose lips drawing everyone in. I now make it a practice to keep my mouth shut and let others do the same work I had to do to find spots. Once that's done, and they've put in the work and time, they tend to appreciate what they've got a little more and protect it.

Busterbrown
12-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Giving away info to hunt the Pitt Polder is hardly giving away info on your secret spot that 'YOU CRAWLED THROUGH HOURS OF MUD" to find.The Fraser Valley regs have a map of the area in it. The Pitt Polder is one of the few areas left to hunt waterfowl that is not private property in the Ridge Meadows area.If we do not share these areas with new hunters the waterfowl hunter numbers in the lower mainland will continue to decline and our hunting opportunities will disappear.We either introduce new hunters or we will be the last generation to have hunted in the lower mainland

o2fish2day
01-01-2008, 02:54 PM
The following government link indicates you can't hunt in Pitt Polder...are you sure this is allowed??

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/eco_reserve/pitpolder_er.html

MichelD
01-01-2008, 05:28 PM
That particular section of the Pitt you are referring to is outside of the Pitt Wildlife Management Area and clearly indicated on the Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting map as closed to hunting.