PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

Elkaholic
04-01-2005, 11:09 AM
For all you fisherment out there, I am sure you have heard about the classification of waters in the East Kootenays. But what you havent heard is that next year they want to try to push in LEH fishing!!! Its time for people to start to stand up for the rights of the resident or all of BC will be geared towards the guides and american money.

love the woods
04-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Whats with the water up there.Ive heard about that section so why is there so many rules.

Elkaholic
04-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Whats with the water up there.Ive heard about that section so why is there so many rules.

They are restricting the average joe from fishing and giving the guides all free reign to fish it.

love the woods
04-04-2005, 07:51 AM
So elkaholic what is there to do .Ive never fished those waters but thats not say i wont.Have any ideas?

bone-collector
04-04-2005, 09:42 AM
oh joy another guide bashing thread :roll:

Elkaholic
04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
If you think about it, they say that they are making people pay more and go to LEH to help the fish, yet they over subscribe the rivers to guides and dont restrict them one bit??? All BC's policies for hunting are purely political and not biological. By the time everybody opens their eyes it will be too late, and the residents will have to take a back seat to the guides. For example the guides in region 4 want it so that if anybody wants to go onto their territory, which is crown land, has to pay or have their permission to do anything, even berry pick or ride a bike. But there must be a good biological reason for that?

bone-collector
04-05-2005, 11:03 AM
sounds like alot of coffee shop talk to me, so were is the proof the guides want money to go onto there territory to ride bikes and pick berries?
and I would like to know how guides arent restricted in any way?

oh and nowere I could find on the BC government site did it say anything about leh fishing an I did look rather hard to find it , would like to factual information on this rather than someone saying "I heard" :wink:

elkster
04-08-2005, 12:26 AM
I'm with bone-collector when it comes to guides, both in the bush and on the water. The guides I've met in the woods were always really friendly, offered up some good advice, and were great to sit and have a beer with. I live on Van. Island and know lots of fishing guides. Those guys work hard for their money, and they bring lots of money into both sports. thats my 2c.

Dano
04-08-2005, 01:07 AM
oh and nowere I could find on the BC government site did it say anything about leh fishing an I did look rather hard to find it , would like to factual information on this rather than someone saying "I heard" :wink:

Was I the only one who saw the LEH (or should have been LEF) post was made on April 1 ???:grin: Too bad I have to wait a year to post that one on my fishing board!

Elkaholic
04-08-2005, 10:15 AM
I have proof of both but can only provide proof for the charging of people to use the bush. The fishing proof I cant provide at this time or people I know would lose their jobs. But If you lived in the East Kootenays, they have been for the last couple of years been working on a plan with the government so that people arent locked out of the bush like in the west kootenays. But the local groups have come together, and worked with the government to get alot of the restrictions reduced or removed. The RMS (Recreational Managment System) is what its called. And I am by no way bashing the guides, I am just saying the government does poor managment of resources.

Dano
04-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the post. LEF is not something I would like to see initiated anywhere.
But next year, I'm making an april fools post on my fishing board about the Vedder river going LEF for the following fall! :lol: