PDA

View Full Version : Waterfowling?

BOWTIECUMMINS
12-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi there great website became a member right away had a question on bird hunting I'm fairly new to it but have done some quite awhile ago [jump shooting pitt marsh and dewdney area] I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as far as were to go for ducks and geese as I want to get back into it and get better I'm located in the Mission area I've heard of a couple of private hunting clubs in the fraser valley but could not find any info any help would be appreciated thanx :D

BayBoy
12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Head back to the pitt marsh! Lot's of birds, get yourself a small boat or canoe and put in just before pitt lake you'll see a little access point off Rannie road almost to the Lake. do a search here on the pitt tons of good information. We tend to hunt the top part of the marsh a big open area almost directly east of the access point. But lately there has been some others hunting the area so I was told that a better spot for my friends and I might be the south east corner by the dyke's.

Shoot em high!

308BAR
12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Pick up a Lower Mainland area hunting map it'll tell you all the shooting and non shooting areas, also you'll need a special area permit, insurance and migratory tags.

Dirty
12-14-2007, 12:14 PM
You can't join the clubs at this point in the year, and there are waiting lists for the clubs. I believe it costs about 500 in memebership dues a year and abour 150-250 for an initiation fee. So, if you do get accepted you are looking at about 750 for the year. As mentioned previously, you are better to head out to Pitt Marsh or Waterfront in Delta/Ladner.

BOWTIECUMMINS
12-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey thanx. all for the info. I think I'll head to pitt marsh and take Bay boy's tip and get out into the marsh also heard that hatzic bend out on the fraser can be quite productive for geese towards the end of the day when birds are heading back to hatzic and stave lake . As far as the private clubs go sounds a bit to rich for me :shock: .thanx. again

Crazy_Farmer
12-15-2007, 02:39 PM
also heard that hatzic bend out on the fraser can be quite productive for geese towards the end of the day when birds are heading back to hatzic and stave lake .

Yea some guys hunt around there or should I say wait and shoot, just off the dykes, Was out on the sand bar with a couple dozen decoys and our laydown blinds a month or so ago, crossing the water was iffy came up quite high on our chest waders, but we saw a guy shoot at every single flock of geese that came over the dykes. Each flock easily 60-100 yards up but he still fired 3 shots at each of them....geez some guys, they get lucky and scrath one down and think they can keep doing it. Needless to say we didnt see a single goose drop, I got no problem with him wasting his box of shells all you're doing is educating them though to keep flying higher over you.