PDA

View Full Version : Cats!

SHAKER
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Well once again, how's the cat hunt'n going this year so far? I took a Lynx and treed a Bobcat so far..... anyone else fairing well?

Barracuda
12-10-2007, 11:45 AM
hopefully get out this week

big game walker hounds
12-10-2007, 03:34 PM
pritty good, lots of cats around, ran 5 in 4 diffrent times out treed 4, took two toms, 116lbs, and 141 lbs

115 or bust
12-10-2007, 08:22 PM
See lots of tracks just need someone with dogs. One of these days I'm gonna bark real loud and run as fast as I can as far as I can and see what happens lol

rock
12-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Seen a nice bobcat last weekend at 50 yds seems to be a few around where I'm been huntin.

Untouchable
12-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Saw a lynx, but of coarse didn't have a tag for one(sure do now though:roll:)

Barracuda
12-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Seen a nice bobcat last weekend at 50 yds seems to be a few around where I'm been huntin.

get yourself a "just in case" tag that way you can choose to harvest one if you cross paths (sometimes it is nice to just watch the animals for what they are)

cats are alot more common then most people know, it is just that they are normally experts at keeping hidden. most of the time you will know they are around is if it snows or you stumble across tracks on some mud otherwise thay are practically invisable unless they want to be seen.

Sharkey
12-10-2007, 09:34 PM
I am not a cat hunter but was looking in the synopsis book last night and am wondering what "Pursuit Only" means... Anyone?

CanAm500
12-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Post some pics up of your "cat kills"

CanAm500
12-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I am not a cat hunter but was looking in the synopsis book last night and am wondering what "Pursuit Only" means... Anyone?

That you can only chase (run your houds...), you cant harvest.

big game walker hounds
12-10-2007, 11:33 PM
persiut only means not harvesting of them at that time, you are aloud to run them just not shoot them,

4 point
12-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Coming down out of the bush last Saturady afternoon we jumped one right on the road. It turn around and high tailed it. No time to get camera up for picture. My hunting partner was very excited to see one, his first ever. We see tracks from time to time but this is my only 3rd life time siting. First one in 3-28. They certainly are nice looking pussy cats and are very fluid runners.

Gunner
12-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi Shaker,there's a 1/2 dozen cats working the ridges from the bluff to the lake.We haven't started on them because we hunted deer til the last day!(2 4X4's yesterday!).My buddy with the hounds is on days but has 10 days off at Xmas.Drop me a line if you want to come up and chase some pussy!:smile: Gunner

SHAKER
12-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Want some kill shots well...Here's my Tom from last year!
http://i14.tinypic.com/6k5pats.jpg

Hey Gunner, sounds good I'll give you a ring and we can run their long tails off!

Spokerider
12-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Did you ever figure out an age on that guy Shaker?

I happened across a web site that used the teeth to indicate approximate age. It said on there; if the teeth are white, not stained yellow and the teeth behind the fangs not too worn down, the cat's still pretty young. [ can't remember the exact ages etc ].

If the slightly yellowing fangs are worn a little dull, not real pointy as with a young cat, and the teeth behind the fangs are somewhat worn, it's a middle aged cat, and of course yellow worn fangs and worn back teeth indicate an old cat....

The fangs on your cat look pretty white from the pic, and his ears don't look chewed up either. Just wondering what you though it's age was....

Nice cat for sure!

Do you have a pic of the lynx to share?

SHAKER
12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
The CI said the cat was about 6 yrs old. Sorry I didn't get any pic's of the Lynx. But I will after it comes back from the Taxidermist. That was my last cat to complete the "Cat slam". Should look pretty neet with all three done in full life mount.