PDA

View Full Version : This is such hard work

Tanya
12-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Cleaning all these ducks. We went down to the corn fields Friday morning and there were literally thousands of ducks already there half an hour before shooting light. Great morning despite a couple of periods of ineptness on our behalf in the shooting department. We limited out on mallards, 16 of them between John and I. Only saw a couple of teal and a few woodies, left them alone to concentrate on the fat, corn fed green heads. Oh, we have some good meals ahead of us!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/TRV58/Johnwiththelimit.jpg

Scottish Warrior
12-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Nice hunt........limiting out on corn feed Mallards is pretty much as good as it gets.

bruin
12-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Looks great. I only see one maybe two hens as well, Good shooting

Dano
12-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Very nice! I think a field was the place to be today, at least after the frost burned off.
We were at the marsh, had to break ice again and the water was up to the peak height we had earlier this year. There were more birds but nothing decoyed well.
Tom, Dan and I ended up with 13 mallards and a widgeon. Had a nice surprise though, check out my other post!
Going for pheasants tommorrow.
Dan

Gateholio
12-08-2007, 06:42 PM
That is some crazy hair!!:biggrin::mrgreen:

Tikka7mm
12-08-2007, 06:53 PM
That is some crazy hair!!:biggrin::mrgreen:

lol...nice one Gatehouse.

Tanya
12-09-2007, 12:37 AM
LOL! One of his buddys calls him "Crusty the Clown" :) ( Simpsons)

Mr. Dean
12-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Gate's now has COMPETITION.

Tanya
12-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Dayum, created more work for ourselves again this morning. Despite having to work this morning here on the farm we managed to get out for an hour and a half to the fields. Crappy weather, no wind, snow stopped falling, just still and foggy. Ducks arrived in small cautious bunches and although we suffered from shooting suckage upon occasion we did bring home 8. Not bad for a short hunt I guess.