PDA

View Full Version : Skeet or trap range?

Phoneguy
12-07-2007, 04:35 PM
So I just bought an 870 from Rishu Pepper and have itchy fingers. I want to try duck or goose, but seeing as I have zero experience with the shotgun, and/or waterfowl hunting I kinda think it might be wise to make a fool of myself at a range (or something) before I make a fool of myself trying to get some bird. Is the Pitt Meadows range open, and when, or somewhere else within reasonable reach of New West?

Thanks
James

The Dawg
12-07-2007, 04:39 PM
The Poco range has a skeet area. Give that a try.

308BAR
12-07-2007, 05:05 PM
There are a few around, Poco which opens only the 2 and 4 sunday of every month, there is the one in Langley which is a great facility with skeet a trap, one in Pitt Meadows however I can't figure out what time they meet, however maybe Dano could chime in I believe he's a member, if I recall it's wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. G'luck!

rishu_pepper
12-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I like to make a fool out of myself shooting ducks, that way, if I miss, it's ducks laughing at me and not people :biggrin:

But seriously though, getting out the field and experiencing first hand is the best way to learn; we all make mistakes, and we learn through them. I'd love to hit the skeet range once in a while, but church commitment doesn't allow that (Wed. nights could be okay). Good luck with waterfowling James, it's loads of fun, as I'm sure many of us here can tell you.

Just waiting for my SX3 to arrive so I can bust some ducks! :-P

Dano
12-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Pitt is only open on wednesday night in the summer. There is a prize shoot this sunday so it's not the kind of event you want to start out in, maybe next weekend they will have regular trap (I don't shoot this time of year except in the field!).
Dan