PDA

View Full Version : cougar saucige recipies ??

big game walker hounds
12-05-2007, 02:18 PM
wandering if anyone knowsof a resipie for cougar,

Mr. Dean
12-05-2007, 06:17 PM
I'd think that recipe's that would be good on pork would work well on Kitty.

M.Dean
12-15-2007, 09:18 AM
I ate Cougar sausage ONCE, Tasted like what wet dog hide smells like!!! Cat is Cat, if the lord wanted us to eat them, he would have named them COWGAR!!! I thought that the carcass was used for Wolf Bait! But each to there own, maybe phone a place that makes wild game sausage. I would feed some to the hounds first though, if they puke, don't eat it!!!

Dragginbait
12-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I had cougar sausage at the Valley fish and game banquet last year we thought it was one of the best things offered there, it was really good. It was done by someone in the club, but I don't know who? You could call Friesens meats in Cowichan and ask them if they know.It's worth a shot.

Bow Walker
12-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Try this site........

http://www.sausagemaking.org/

Wildman
12-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I ate Cougar sausage ONCE, Tasted like what wet dog hide smells like!!! Cat is Cat, if the lord wanted us to eat them, he would have named them COWGAR!!! I thought that the carcass was used for Wolf Bait! But each to there own, maybe phone a place that makes wild game sausage. I would feed some to the hounds first though, if they puke, don't eat it!!!

Everyone has their own tastes I guess....I personally love the taste of cougar.

M.Dean
12-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Sorry, i hope i didn't offend anyone, just my opinion on the taste. Maybe good meat if done right!!! Guess thats why i don't hunt cats! It's good that you would eat it instead of letting it go to waste.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-15-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't know anyone that doesn't love to eat cougar. It's always the widespread the fav at any game banquet that I've been to.
M.Dean-Me thinks you ate may have eaten some rotten pussy:-?.

SSS

SHAKER
12-15-2007, 02:28 PM

Anyone who would leave Cougar meat in the bush shouldn't be out their hunt'n them. I've eat'n lots of Cougar meat and IMO it's better then any Deer I've ever tasted. NO fat, NO gamey taste, front shoulders are tough but you cant win them all.

SHAKER
12-15-2007, 02:32 PM
wandering if anyone knowsof a resipie for cougar,

Slow cook steaks on the BBQ with good Q sause and your rock'n.
Slow cook roast in oven with season salt and Itailian spice!
Breaded, fried and diped in plum sauce.

M.Dean
12-15-2007, 02:42 PM
SSS, i think your rite, Rotten Cougar meat. Was about 49ish, leather mini skirt, found her in the C.W. pub, about 1:00am, she had just fallen off the bar stool for the third time when i met her!!! Smelt like Wet Dog !!! I should have read the signs, her name was "Madge",and she was wearing "Depends" Should have known there would be a Health Issue, still have a bad rash and a cold sore that won't go away!!!

Derek_Erickson
12-15-2007, 02:46 PM
:eek:.......................

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/matted_mariah/puking.jpg

M.Dean
12-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Damn, Derek you met her too!!! You have been to the C. W. pub haven't you!!!

Derek_Erickson
12-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh she's a hoot ain't she? Anybody else met Madge?

Derek_Erickson
12-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Back on track anyhow, the cougar meat that I ate was always done up like pork!

Dirty
12-15-2007, 04:13 PM
M.Dean, try soaking the cougar in the bath tub for about half an hour before you eat it. It tastes way less gamey. On a side note, I love cougar, I had some that was awesome. Barbequed a whole quarter and tasted like pork roast.