PDA

View Full Version : Official Merritt Shoot Thread

willyqbc
03-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Okay, so being less than a week away who is going to be in Merritt for sure?? How can you be recognized by other HBC'ers and should we just designate a time and place at the range to meet up.... maybe Saturday evening 6:30 at the practice rangeand we'll figure out who's campsite to invade for wobbly pops from there?(probably Swampers!!:-P )
So if your going and want to meet and greet with some HBC'ers post up here!

I'll go first My whole clan will be there, Oldtimer and Ma will be there as well, with Swamper and his kid rounding out the Quesnel HBC'ers in attendace!

Chris

3d bowman
03-27-2005, 10:25 PM
As posted eariler, I'm unable to attend due to work. Was looking forward to the shoot and meet and greet but duty calls. Have a great shoot everybody and will try this agian some other time.

3d

3kills
03-28-2005, 03:26 AM
well i will be there for the wobbly pops...will be wearin my black and red hbc hat...

oldtimer
03-28-2005, 06:30 AM
As willy said me and the missus will be there and 6:30 sounds ok chris. Don't have mt HBC hat yet but not hard to spot as i am close to 6' 6". with a 5' 4" wife. may be limping a bit as my knee is acting up.looking forward ti it. Mike

love the woods
03-28-2005, 07:53 AM
i WAS coming until SOMEONE had to work.Anyway it gives me a good opportunity to go look for a bear in the skagit

Canuck2
03-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Regrettably, I won't able to attend. I've been trying to figure out how I could schedule this for a couple months now, but it's not in the cards this year. I'm sure all the attendees will have a great time. Shoot their socks off, gang!

However, maybe I'll be able to meet some of you fine folks at other shoots this year - like Salmon Arm, for example.

oldtimer
03-30-2005, 05:44 PM
OK it is wednesday nite and I am heading to merritt in the a.m. will be at the Nicola Valley lodge for anybody getting there early. Touring mills early friday and then at the shoot site friday nite for practice and wobbly pops. see you there !!!!! Mike

3kills
03-31-2005, 04:52 AM
hey oldtimer...where is it that u are stayin??? i m not sure bout the nicola valley lodge...if i get a chance i will swing by the range sometime friday...to have a cold one with ya...

oldtimer
03-31-2005, 06:46 AM
3Kills. It is the Best Western Nicola Inn. Mike

3kills
03-31-2005, 07:23 AM
aaah okay thats kinda what i was thinkin...nice hotel...

willyqbc
03-31-2005, 06:04 PM
Well it looks like only the Quesnel bunch is going to be in Merritt this week-end??
Darcy, If you decide you wanna walk the course with us Saturday we'll be out there around 8 or so. Will probably be out at the practice range Friday evening for a while as well. If we don't hook up before hand i'll meet you at the practice range around 6:30 Saturday night for wobbly pops!!

Chris

3kills
03-31-2005, 08:26 PM
okay chris sounds good...depending on what time i m back from chasing bears friday i will swing by the range if not i will most likely be out there saturday mornin...

i thought there was more hbc members comin but oh well eh chris means more wobbly pops for us ;)

3kills
04-04-2005, 04:31 AM
so chris how did u guys finish up??? did sammy99 manage to get first???

willyqbc
04-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Sammy99 shot very well on Sunday, however the lady she was chasing shot even better so she ended up in second. Both kids won their categories. I sucked harshly on Saturday but shot very strongly on Sunday and managed to claw back to 4th. We did walk away with a nice print and a family pass for next years shoot as door prizes so that was a bonus! Sorry we couldn't stay and visit longer Saturday night, but with the wife and kiddies...well, you know!!:lol:
Was a good shoot, but with the turnout they get every year they should have been able to buy a few more new targets. There were quite a few on course that were in poor shape.....got passthrough on several, even my wife got passthrough on one!! Anyway, we will be back next year, seeing as we have the free pass and all!!!!:p

Chris

3kills
04-04-2005, 03:45 PM
good to hear u guys shot good on sunday and walked away with some prizes...i will be back up there next year who knows maybe i will be able to find a bow by then as i think i really wanna get into it...