PDA

View Full Version : Moose roast - People coming in two hours!!

browningboy
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Could someone help me out, I got some granola crunching types coming over in two hours soooo, the guy I am I took a baron of beef (moose) out and needing a recipe quick so they compliment it if you know what I mean!:twisted:

M.Dean
12-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Holy Shit!! Not much time, pour a large drink, put your roast in a roaster with 1 in. of water, salt and pepper,use lots, garlic, lots of garlic also! oxo cubes, use 2 beef ones, not chicken or turkey!!! Check your drink, put on the lid and in the oven at 375, no time for 350 today! keep basting the roast every 20 minutes, slurp some of the liquid, taste OK? add more what ever, try to be 3/4 pissed when your guests arrive, act tough, have your hunting knife on your belt! No shirt of course. punch the wall lots, screaming "This roast better taste F**king good or i'm going to kill somebody!!! DO Not use glasses, drink rite from the whiskey bottle, depending on your guests, setting the table would be a option. Roast should be done about the time the bottle is!!! Worked for me!!! Slice the roast thin, place on serving tray and gently introduce some of the liquid to the steaming meat!!! Keeps it moist!!! Remember presentation is half your meal!! Now, bring out the wine, any wine, remove the price tag!!! If your guests are all dressed up,and look like they have good jobs, try to use big words, like carport or marmalade!!! Tell them your Audi is in the shop, hence the 78 datsun wagon in the driveway. Also, as your female guest puts that first steaming fork full of roast towards her mouth, scream," You got the bullet in that chunk"!!! That should set the mood!!! As for side dishs, cold beer and a 40 of Uzo is nice, beats a garden fresh salad any day! Well i hope i've helped you out a little, so have a nice dinner!!!

Gateholio
12-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm guessing your roast is a 3 lber or so....

Preheat oven to 400

Rub it with seasonings. Salt, pepper, galic powder, onion powder, thyme, etc...

Put in oven for 45 minutes.

Turn down to 300 for another 20 minutes or so. Check doneness

Remove, let rest for 30 minutes, under foil

Use pan drippings to make a gravy.

Simple and good.

Bow Walker
12-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Ali! Did you get that?!?

Gateholio
12-02-2007, 09:26 PM
I didn't leave a recipe, just some general guidelines....

he was in a hurry, I gave him somethign that *should* b foolproof, butthere are better ways....:p

Sharkey
12-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Throw it on the Rotisserie on the BBQ - can't beat it! Just remember to cook on low heat and use a meat thermometer to make sure it's not overdone...
~D

And M. Dean - I love that recipe. Kind of looks like the borscht recipe my dad gave me - Step one was "Get a 40 of rye", and it somehow ended up with playing crib...

mrdoog
12-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Follow the aforementioned recipes!
Precluded by a 60lber of Rye!

Steeleco
12-02-2007, 11:52 PM
So by now dinners done, 2 questions. Did they like it?
Are there any left overs :lol::lol::lol:

Freshtracks
12-03-2007, 12:40 AM
BB .... hope that baron didn't go to waste:eek: Safeway had a box of G-bars 2 for $5.

rbduck
12-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Cut the damn thing into 1" to 11/2" thick steaks. Throw on the BBQ(med high heat) bout three minutes each side. Cook till slightly pink. Salt and pepper......slather with fav BBQ sauce last minute.
Quickest way I can think of BB

Ron:biggrin:

browningboy
12-03-2007, 09:35 AM
The roast went good, took about an hour and did the gatehouse thing but also added some red wine and orange peel, worked out great but funniest thing was they loved it, said "Man this is great and its so lean, where did you get it?" when they were done I said " Pink Mountain!".
Its great until then!LOL The woman loved it and said she would eat it again but the guy couldn't get his mind around it's moose!!
Thanks for the replies, another granola bites the dust! Oat by oat they will see the light!:lol:

browningboy
12-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Holy Shit!! Not much time, pour a large drink, put your roast in a roaster with 1 in. of water, salt and pepper,use lots, garlic, lots of garlic also! oxo cubes, use 2 beef ones, not chicken or turkey!!! Check your drink, put on the lid and in the oven at 375, no time for 350 today! keep basting the roast every 20 minutes, slurp some of the liquid, taste OK? add more what ever, try to be 3/4 pissed when your guests arrive, act tough, have your hunting knife on your belt! No shirt of course. punch the wall lots, screaming "This roast better taste F**king good or i'm going to kill somebody!!! DO Not use glasses, drink rite from the whiskey bottle, depending on your guests, setting the table would be a option. Roast should be done about the time the bottle is!!! Worked for me!!! Slice the roast thin, place on serving tray and gently introduce some of the liquid to the steaming meat!!! Keeps it moist!!! Remember presentation is half your meal!! Now, bring out the wine, any wine, remove the price tag!!! If your guests are all dressed up,and look like they have good jobs, try to use big words, like carport or marmalade!!! Tell them your Audi is in the shop, hence the 78 datsun wagon in the driveway. Also, as your female guest puts that first steaming fork full of roast towards her mouth, scream," You got the bullet in that chunk"!!! That should set the mood!!! As for side dishs, cold beer and a 40 of Uzo is nice, beats a garden fresh salad any day! Well i hope i've helped you out a little, so have a nice dinner!!!

Thats funny!

browningboy
12-03-2007, 09:39 AM
So by now dinners done, 2 questions. Did they like it?
Are there any left overs :lol::lol::lol:

Believe it or not, the guests better half had seconds and the guy wimped out!
As for seconds, just a bit, enough for a sandwich!:biggrin:

Steeleco
12-03-2007, 09:40 AM
The woman loved it and said she would eat it again but the guy couldn't get his mind around it's moose!!

So when is she getting her licence?? The dude can stay home!!!
"BrowningBoy, converting one cruncher at a time!!"

browningboy
12-03-2007, 09:59 AM
So when is she getting her licence?? The dude can stay home!!!
"BrowningBoy, converting one cruncher at a time!!"

She would be hilarious hunting! as for the dude, well theres a protest somewhere-----get lost! LOL:lol:

Trying like everyone else to convert with knowledge and proof that theres nothing hidden or gross about wild game.:biggrin:

Schmaus
12-03-2007, 10:21 AM

My favorite part is screaming "you got the bullet in that chunk" That was good :)

Sharkey
12-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Yes! She needs to get her license! We're slowly turning the tables with the wives being the hunters and the husbands... well... not.
~D

M.Dean
12-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Hard to believe the Girly Man wouldn't eat wild meat!!! I think we know who stands up to pee in that house hold!!! Any way, glad your dinner went over well, hope i was of some help.

moosinaround
12-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Maybe they need to see a slaughter house and then go hunting just to compare which is more humane. Moosin

Jagermeister
12-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Hard to believe the Girly Man wouldn't eat wild meat!!! I think we know who stands up to pee in that house hold!!! Any way, glad your dinner went over well, hope i was of some help.And he probably drives a Girly Man pickup to boot!:lol:

Phil
12-08-2007, 09:13 PM

:lol:That was too funny!! :lol:Good sense of humour on that hunter!:lol:

Shed Hunter
12-08-2007, 09:51 PM
hahahahaha good thread

browningboy
12-09-2007, 11:47 AM
It was good, talked to him last night and he asked me for a few moose steaks (for his wife), what a wuss!
Thanks for all the tips, it was amusing.:-P

Thunderstix
12-09-2007, 03:26 PM

I must say that this was hilarious!!:biggrin: