mainland hunter
11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
nice going, nice buck.

Will
11-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Great looking Buck ! Congrats :-P

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Sweet Buck Chevy, Could you tell us how you hunted the buck, in a stand or spot and stalk etc.I was also wondering did you have someone to show you around ,and how many bucks a day were you seeing.I would love to hunt their next year so any info would be useful. Thanks

gameslayer
11-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Sweet buck Chev how cold was it for you ?

cbearw
11-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Beauty buck. Lovely brown and shiny rack. A 400 yd. off hand shot on a moving target is way beyond my ability but really glad to hear you got him. Congrats. Easy to see while you'll be returning to hunt those famous Sask. whitetails!

chevy
11-30-2007, 09:44 PM
The coldest it got was -37 friggen cold and to be honest i was there for 3 days and could say i seen at least 120 to 130 bucks some decent bucks like 130's 140's we did see some real pigs but they were gone like hell before we could even get out of the truck but when the weather is that cold all you can do is drive around or find a good spot to sit and glass the area in your truck with the heater on full lol but all you really gotta do is ask farmers for permission to hunt there land and most farmers are really nice people and they give you permission to hunt there land quite often,, andwe also had one farmer actually take us around and show us all the areas on his land we could hunt and he had 8600 acres of land so we were pretty happy and we are gonna keep in touch with him they are really good people there,, other than that i would say for every 5 does you se you will see a buck unlike hee every 100 does ya see your lucky to se a buck there is sooo many deer there it is actually awesome to see it just amazed me and they can hide and dissapear in a matter of seconds it is soo much fun i loved it and i am definately gonna go back next year,,

scuba
11-30-2007, 09:46 PM
great buck! i have been trying to get to saskatchewan for a whitetail hunt for a few years now, looks like it would be worthwhile.

blacktail18
11-30-2007, 11:28 PM
hey chevy did u go with some guys from cranbrook and jaffray i no some guys that left the same time as u to go back there to ?

Beaverhunter
12-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Do you have to hunt with a guide or outfiter when your there.

todbartell
12-01-2007, 01:29 AM
1/4 mile running off hand gut shot - nice buck Im glad it worked out and you could kill him

Thunderstix
12-01-2007, 06:48 AM
That is one great buck! I just love the colour of his rack.

Brambles
12-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Wow you had a good whitey season this year, how does he compare to your east kootenay buck? Should score close to the same.

Nice job now you have 2 whitetails to get mounted..

chevy
12-01-2007, 11:47 AM
yeah i am gonna have an expensive taxidermists bill lol but he scored just a little better than my east kootenay whitetail it went 164 even and thanks i did have a great year and cannot wait till next year im just itching to get out already lol oh well only 359 more days to go to get to saskatchewan again and counting

bruin
12-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Great looking buck, love the brows.

WoodOx
12-01-2007, 07:37 PM
nice buck chevy

Sask this year was the best it has been in the last 4 or 5 years. Last year many parts of sask had heavy snow by the time the out of province hunt occured, leaving many 120-130 class bucks alive. This year the crew Iwent with all took 135-150" whitetails, whereas the average most years would be closer to 120. The COs that checked us said by far this has been the best year they had seen in many... we had 11 guys with us, what a great trip!

Onesock
12-13-2007, 07:47 AM
400 yds off hand and a running shot to boot, in the guts. You should be proud of yourself. Is this what hunting is all about? You heard the one about the lucky fool ?

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-13-2007, 08:11 AM
400 yds off hand and a running shot to boot, in the guts. You should be proud of yourself. Is this what hunting is all about? You heard the one about the lucky fool ?

He felt comfortable taking a long shot with the magnum and hit the deer a little further back then he wanted,whats the problem ,how many guys take multiple shots at long range and blow a leg off and never get the deer.Unless you know all the facts about the hunt then you should take your ignorant opinion and stick it up yur azz.

Onesock
12-13-2007, 08:25 AM
BHF- In your own azz. Your as smart as he is if you condone this type of shootiong. It was only pure luck that kept this deer from having blown off legs or no nose.

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-13-2007, 08:44 AM
I wouldnt try that shot but he felt comfortable with it or got caught up in the moment and took the shot, and was able to harvest the deer.I think he already said that he hit it too far back and it probably bothers him,but you have no right to judge his ethics unless you know all the facts,if he made a mistake he will learn from it.I think he travelled a long way for this hunt and saw this monster buck and got excited and tried a very tough shot. There are probably alot of guys that have made bad shots or get buck fever and make a bad mistake,hopefully we all learn from them,but dont come on hear and take away what probably a great hunt for him.And no offense with the azz comment,I didnt mean it literally.

dogger
12-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Nice buck chevy! I have seen guys make bad shots in perfect conditions. You felt comfortable taking the shot and you killed that deer. You could of this or you could of that!!! Bottom line-You got yourself a nice trophy . congrats!

Onesock
12-13-2007, 09:25 AM
This is the type of shooting that is a black mark against all hunters. We have to police our own ranks gentleman and try to do the right thing, every time. If a lesson was learned this time, thats good. If not, and hunters assume these shots should be taken we as hunters are in trouble.

chevy
12-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Seriously cant you guys just say good job nice shot instead of always trying to find something new to bitch about seriously,,, this is a hunting thread not a whining thread c'mon guys guess what i got the deer so let it be

Onesock
12-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Sorry Chevy. Can't do that if i don't agree. Try to clean up your ack in the future. If not for yourself for the rest of us!!

greybark
12-13-2007, 10:41 AM
:roll: I understand Onesock`s comments but in fairness to Chevy "Prairie Shooting" for deer takes on a different perspective when it comes to distances . Having said that 400 yds moving deer and offhand is a bit of a gamble and lets be frank about this he wounded it with his first shot . The kill area on a deer is three times smaller than the wounding area(approx) and would appear that the wounding rate would also be three fold a kill rate . Is this fair to the animal that we are supposed to admire and respect ???
I suspect his decision to shoot was in the excitment of the moment and am sure he learned from that and all of us have been there .
I don`t know of anyone who would be comfortable shooting 400 yds offhand at a moving target . :grin: I put money down any day on that one . Someone posted a while ago that he would rather brag about getting close that taking a chansy long shot .

:grin: Chevy , glad you had a good hunt and harvested a great buck.

chevy
12-13-2007, 09:45 PM
First off thanks and second i never wounded him the first shot i only shot him once and he dropped,, And i am also comfortable shooting at that distance off hand if i can hit a 300 yard dong at the rifle range off hand every shot then i think i am confident to do it on a deer which is 10 times the size of a foot round metal dong at 300 yards i do alot of shooting in the off season i mean alot that is all i do,, and shooting in sask isnt easy it isnt like around here where you actually have a chance of getting closer to the animal you want to harvest there is a 95% chance in saskatchewan where you aint gonna get closer to a good buck because most of them you see are 2 to 500 yards away and as soon as you stop you would be lucky to get a shot because the deer is gone like a bat out of hell,, unless you are sitting in a stand or a blind but while i was there the weather was -29 to -37 the whole time so i dont know about you but sitting in a blind or stand when it is that cold out umm aint gonna happen so you just drive around or do a quick bush push through some bushes and get back to the truck heater other than that there is no way it is gonna happen,, i would love to see most guys who say they wouldnt shoot 3 to 400 yards off hand in sask when that big buck of a life time is standing there 300 to 400 yards away,, and tell me you passed him up because you werent comfortable with the shot when that is the only shot you are gonna get chances are you are gonna take the shot!!!!!!!!!!

mainland hunter
12-13-2007, 10:23 PM
congrats chevy, good shot

todbartell
12-13-2007, 10:29 PM
not to hijack your thread, but you said it

Id like to see you hit a 12" diameter gong offhand everyshot at 300 yards offhand :roll: and a deer is not ten times as big as a gong...especially not their vitals :p

good shootin' tex 8-)

greybark
12-13-2007, 11:07 PM
;) Hey Chevy , You posted that sitting in a treestand at minus 26-36 C is not going to happen , Well I just finished hunting WT in the Christen Valley area and it was down to minus 26 C . I am almost 70 years old , have a bad heart , on blood thinners and still managed 5 hrs each day in a treestand , can`t be that tough on a young buck ....

phoenix
12-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Chevy,
Nice buck, LUCKY SHOT, I'm with Greybark on this one,
Kim
ps, How do you know it was 400yds, rangefinder or guess? I know ranges are hard to judge on the praires.

BCrams
12-14-2007, 11:18 AM
He's apparently a great off hand rifle shot. Just look at his stats!

400 yrd shot off hand on a running whitey buck - dropped him

250 yrd shot off hand on a trotting muley buck - nailed him and dropped him in his tracks

150 yrd shot off hand on a Koot whitey buck - dropped him in his tracks

Pretty sure he made a great one on his 2006 muley too!

Appears to me the dude is a crackshot off hand shooter ;)

Here's what he had to say though, about a 200 yard running shot in another post :)

Before you all accuse me of doing it... No i would not do it at all I am a pretty good shot not bragging but im quite sure i would rather let it go and keep hunting the rest of the day rather than look for a deer that a stupid shot was taken at!!!!!!!!!

To each his own -

Give the guy credit - he's obviously a great hunter .... hell look at what he did one time with a whitey buck he shot:

Re: Whats the farthest you have ever had to pack out your game?
i once had to drag a big whitetail 29 kms out of a road closure i walked into and would i do it again hell yeah it was totally worth it

btw - congrats on a great season and the dandy bucks you took !! Not many can say they've done what you accomplished.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-14-2007, 11:40 AM
It's a different hunting world out there. Open country and running and gunning go hand in hand. Not my favorite way of hunting but it's a fact of life out there.
Unless you're shooting them off of a baitpile, they're usually moving.
If you haven't been there, it's hard to comprehend.

How many of you guys push bush here in BC?? Out there it's the norm.

Congrats on another beauty buck Chevy!

SSS

Fisher-Dude
12-14-2007, 02:21 PM
;) Hey Chevy , You posted that sitting in a treestand at minus 26-36 C is not going to happen , Well I just finished hunting WT in the Christen Valley area and it was down to minus 26 C . I am almost 70 years old , have a bad heart , on blood thinners and still managed 5 hrs each day in a treestand , can`t be that tough on a young buck ....

Hey Greybark, did you guys have the annual bow hunt again? Where are the pics and stories from Christian Bow Camp? ;)

chevy
12-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Everybody has their own way of hunting and this is my way love it or leave it alone and thanks to all the guys who congratulated me instead of bit#*ing about shooting at a distance like that.. and to be honest i dont care who you are or what you do but myself i aint gonna sit in a tree stand in saskatchewan at -26 and while the wind is blowing 80 miles an hour i dont know about you but,,, me it isn't gonna happen at all

greybark
12-14-2007, 08:37 PM
:razz: Hey Chevy . No one is criticizeing your way of hunting , the majority of hunters hunt that way . I thourghly enjoyed my years of hunting with a rifle and even preached about it the way I now do about bowhuntung LOL.
As posted I appreciate your hunting enthusiasum as some of us oldsters relive hunts thru your stories .
PS - Have you ever had a huge WT buck so close you swear it can hear your heart beat , that is what treestanding is about ? Your way , my way all good !!!!

Brambles
12-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey Chevy you got to realize some of these guys are bow hunters, and not only bow hunters but traditional bow hunters. They can't comprehend a shot at 50 yards, don't expect them to comprehend a 400 yard shot.
And if a deer is moving at a snails pace they won't shoot because they will probably miss.

I shoot archery too and hunt with a compound bow to expand my season, but I won't hunt with traditional gear, I don't think its ethical, at 3D shoots I see a lot of traditional guys shoot and honestly they are happy to even hit the target let alone make perfect kill shots, and here they feel fine shooting at a live deer when they can't hit a foam deer at pissing distance, go figure....

greybark
12-14-2007, 10:35 PM
:confused: Hey Brambles , There is a limit to a hunters rifle ability , a limit to a bowhunters compound bow distance and a limit to a traditional bowhunter distance . Each of us is responsible for recognizeing our own limit . You have no idea what my limits are and thus don`t know what you are talking (slagging) about . For example only a small precentage of those archers on a 3-d course may bowhunt and some targets may be set beyond there limits . The point i am trying to make is that each of us (ALL user groups are lethal within their personnel limits . Again you don`t have any idea what each of those archers own limit is and if do they bowhunt , also the 3-d shoots are an excellant teachng aid and those archers may be at a starting position that all of us had to work through .
Frankly you posted by hi-jacking Chevy` thread to push your personnel agenda which is so negative it helps no one .

Brambles
12-14-2007, 11:18 PM
:confused: Hey Brambles , There is a limit to a hunters rifle ability , a limit to a bowhunters compound bow distance and a limit to a traditional bowhunter distance . Each of us is responsible for recognizeing our own limit . You have no idea what my limits are and thus don`t know what you are talking (slagging) about . For example only a small precentage of those archers on a 3-d course may bowhunt and some targets may be set beyond there limits . The point i am trying to make is that each of us (ALL user groups are lethal within their personnel limits . Again you don`t have any idea what each of those archers own limit is and if do they bowhunt , also the 3-d shoots are an excellant teachng aid and those archers may be at a starting position that all of us had to work through .
Frankly you posted by hi-jacking Chevy` thread to push your personnel agenda which is so negative it helps no one .

I aint hi-jackin nothing, I have no agenda, but it seems to me that it is always the same guys harping on others for the decisions that they made in the field. Chevy could have lied and cooked up a perfect shot bang flop story, but he didn't and everyone is hassling him over it. If you can't say "good job" or "nice deer" because your too high and mighty then don't say anything at all, nothing says you have to post a reply.

And Greybark, don't take it personally all these comments aren't aimed at you specifically.

wjh131
12-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Very nice animal. What part of SK were you hunting in? BTW, lots of sour grapes here...many fellas never get a chance to even see a buck like that.

chevy
12-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys and i was in the central west part of sask it was a good time and definately going back next year,, and hopefully get one to shoot a little closer next year if not oh well i will shoot him anyways,, because if i had to make that shot again i would for sure do it once again thanks for the good jobs!!!!!!!!

GoatGuy
12-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Nice buck.

Hunting's about learning - doubt the intent was to hit it where you did and you'll probably think twice about that shot the next time.

Everyone who hunts has made mistakes - whether they'll fess up or simply point at the way everyone else screws up is another matter.

Good thing you aren't a x bow hunter, you probably would have been drawn and quartered. :roll:

A hunter's worst enemy............................................. ....

another hunter.

model88
12-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Holy crap guys, I looked at this thread when Chevy first posted his pics, after that I didn't read any new posts. Untill today, all I can "egaly say is "HOLY CRAP" c'mon guys, how the hell can you judge a guy without ever being there.

I am sure that alot of people have taken shots that when they look back at it maybe they shouldn't have. I am not saying that this is how Chevy is feeling, but I know myself, the buck I took this year, the shot I took maybe I shouldn't have. I killed him, but looking back and under the circumstances I shouldn't have shot, but it all worked out.

I get sick and tired of people judging people without ever walking in their shoes. Like my Papa always says, if ya can't say something nice then shut yer F*&^%$ !mouth!!

Alright, I think I feel better now, not sure if I really got my point across, but people judging others really picks my ass!

cowboy-up69
12-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Awesome buck chevy!! Dont listen to all these ppl bitch at ya, theres seems to be ALOT of that goin on lately, jus ignore it, thats what I do!!! Hahahah, come on guys

Stone Sheep Steve
12-15-2007, 05:43 PM
[quote=model88;219061]Like my Papa always says, if ya can't say something nice then shut yer F*&^%$ !mouth!!quote]

That's what Thumper's mother said in the first script but, for some reason they decided to change it at the last moment:lol:!!

SSS

meat keeper
12-15-2007, 08:36 PM
nice buck. I would love to go there.

chevy
12-17-2007, 12:12 PM
quote from todd bartell not to hijack your thread, but you said it

Id like to see you hit a 12" diameter gong offhand everyshot at 300 yards offhand :roll: and a deer is not ten times as big as a gong...especially not their vitals :razz:

good shootin' tex :cool:

Well then bring it

todbartell
12-17-2007, 12:33 PM
bring it? It'd be a short competition, ending with you driving away in tears :lol:

chevy
12-17-2007, 12:42 PM
whatever think what ya want big shot,, i spend alot of time shooting and actually nevermind im not arguing with ya i could care less how you shoot really get over it if i had to do the shot again guess what i would do it and if it was a bit farther than what it was guess what i would shoot also

todbartell
12-17-2007, 12:44 PM
you dont even make a drop of sense

Brambles
12-17-2007, 02:00 PM
whatever think what ya want big shot,, i spend alot of time shooting and actually nevermind im not arguing with ya i could care less how you shoot really get over it if i had to do the shot again guess what i would do it and if it was a bit farther than what it was guess what i would shoot also

Here's what he said with some much needed punctuation, not saying I put it in the right spot either, but its much easier to read this way...Took me a couple times reading it to get the meaning as well. Chevy, take a deep breath, slow down and use punctuation.:mrgreen:

Whatever!!! Think what ya want big shot. I spend alot of time shooting, and actually nevermind, Im not arguing with ya!! I could care less how you shoot, really get over it. If i had to do the shot again, guess what? I would do it!!! and if it was a bit farther than what it was, guess what? I would shoot also.

Hope this helps you two...8)

Wildman
12-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Nice buck!! Hell of a shot!!

chevy
12-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks,
it is just jealousy he he he lol

BIGHUNTERFISH
12-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey Todd,I bet this deer suffered a hell of a lot less than the grizzly you and your buddy wounded a while back,at least he got the buck.:oops:

MattB
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey Todd,I bet this deer suffered a hell of a lot less than the grizzly you and your buddy wounded a while back,at least he got the buck.:oops:
I love the internet...

todbartell
12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
I love the internet...

yeah it's great, you can even order brides online

LeverActionJunkie
12-17-2007, 04:55 PM
I've avoided this post, cause no one will care what I say. But first that is a great buck. Most of Whities are once you cross the rocks.

Would I have taken the shot? No. Is it ethical to shoot this far offhand? My jury is out on this one. I've seen guys with BPCR rifles like sharps or 1885's hit 300 and 500 meter silouhettes with boring regularity while messin around, and I have hunted with guys who whip up and shoot at any buck they can see like they're Roy Rogers or something, usually missing, wounding, or not knowing what happened.

Hell I've F$#^ed shots at 80yrds, so even though I shoot around 100rnds through my hunting rifle in the offseason, and many more rounds in other similar guns, I know how I react around game animals so prefer to get close to undisturbed animals.

Maybe Chevy is no different in front of a trophy buck than he is in front of the six o'clock news I dunno. So again nice buck at least its on the ground.

CoqTrophys
12-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Nice buck chevy! One shot kills are what we spend all that time at the range for. Some people on this site think that if they cant do it they nobody can, some might call those people ignorant, I just call them jealous A-Holes. Good job on a whitetail most people would give there left arm for. It seems to me its the same people who have verry little, if anything good to say.

chevy
12-17-2007, 05:18 PM
thanks man i appreciate it and you are absolutely right most guys are jealouse and cant keep their mouths shut to me i thought this was supposed to be a great hunting site somewhere to look at pics see other peoples game and stories give out a good job but it isnt so far i do like the site alot but i am getting a little tired of thr riff raff that cant be happy for anybody and are like you said jealous A-holes once again thank you guys

chevy
12-17-2007, 05:20 PM
quote from bighunterfish Hey Todd,I bet this deer suffered a hell of a lot less than the grizzly you and your buddy wounded a while back,at least he got the buck

Ha that is hillarious and so so true

bruin
12-17-2007, 06:07 PM

I think there is a name for that.

daycort
12-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Good shooting chevy. I would have busted a cap on that deer to. Those adrenilin shots is what keeps me hunting. That little voice inside telling ya it is a long way and then all of a sudden boom! Hell ya!! then you get that feeling of, F#$k I am good. Obviously you can shoot by reading some of your other stories.

Husky7mm
12-17-2007, 10:25 PM
nice buck chevy

Sask this year was the best it has been in the last 4 or 5 years. The COs that checked us said by far this has been the best year they had seen in many... we had 11 guys with us, what a great trip!
:eek:How long can the spot your hunting handle bucks of that age being havested to that extent. Im glad you had fun but that is alot of presure in one area, I'm glad the east kootenay arent in sask.Nothing personal but I would never bring that many people to a hunting spot unless I didnt give a rats ass about its future.

Brambles
12-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Most of B.C. and Alberta migrate to Saskatchewan for the non-resident season, and have been for years. It can handle it, those deer have adapted to the hunting pressure by running like a scalded dog whenever they see anything remotely human..

model88
12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
:eek:How long can the spot your hunting handle bucks of that age being havested to that extent. Im glad you had fun but that is alot of presure in one area, I'm glad the east kootenay arent in sask.Nothing personal but I would never bring that many people to a hunting spot unless I didnt give a rats ass about its future.

OMG.....would the moderators please lock down this thread. Some people seem too have their heads so far up their arses that they are suffering from oxygen depletion.

Poor chevy has taken nothing but sheet and abuse over a simple post of a nice buck he shot ethicaly and legaly.

Let it friggin die:shock:

Remington
12-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I heard the 300 Remington Ultra Magnum is capable of shooting accurately out to 700 yards, I cant wait until next season to test it out. :mrgreen:

Husky7mm
12-18-2007, 02:58 PM
OMG.....would the moderators please lock down this thread. Some people seem too have their heads so far up their arses that they are suffering from oxygen depletion.

Poor chevy has taken nothing but sheet and abuse over a simple post of a nice buck he shot ethicaly and legaly.

Let it friggin die:shock:

I wasnt talking to CHEVY I was talking to Agaucher, cant you friggin read.:roll: For the record I would have taken the shot also, and its a hell of a nice deer by the way.
This thread got here by people who like to hear themselves talk. Its time to shut up and be happy;-)

model88
12-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I wasnt talking to CHEVY I was talking to Agaucher, cant you friggin read.:roll: For the record I would have taken the shot also, and its a hell of a nice deer by the way.
This thread got here by people who like to hear themselves talk. Its time to shut up and be happy;-)

X2

My apoligies, I didn't read it all, couldn't stand all the Bull#$*&

TSW
12-19-2007, 02:21 AM
thanks for the hbc soap opera boys--it's very entertaining :). my favorite part is how everyone who even questions the shot is automatically labelled as "jealous".:lol:

warren0427
12-19-2007, 02:40 AM
Great deer there chevy. i barely look at this site anymore because of all the crap that goes on. Its ridicoulous. Tsw said it all there jealous of what u did. Regardless of what they think if it was legal its all good. Once again nice deer and congrats.

GoatGuy
12-19-2007, 10:22 AM

Probably be more worried about cars and cougars than a couple extra hunting buddies.

There's usually 6-10 of us out chasing deer in the same spots every year without any problems. Cougar = a deer/week, cars several per day, hunters one or two annually.

shoot to kill
12-19-2007, 12:55 PM
nice deer.. wouldnt personally take a running shot from that far... but to each his own.

Brambles
12-19-2007, 02:40 PM
and so it begins again

Husky7mm
12-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Probably be more worried about cars and cougars than a couple extra hunting buddies.

There's usually 6-10 of us out chasing deer in the same spots every year without any problems. Cougar = a deer/week, cars several per day, hunters one or two annually.
That is a great point and I hear what your saying, but I dont think think cougers and buicks are focusing on prime breading bucks.
Why is it when ever I bring up my concern for over hunting an area that I never here stuff like " I never thought of that, or good point or you mean there isnt an unlimited number of deer per area":???::???:

Islandeer
12-22-2007, 11:41 AM
That is a great point and I hear what your saying, but I dont think think cougers and buicks are focusing on prime breading bucks.
Why is it when ever I bring up my concern for over hunting an area that I never here stuff like " I never thought of that, or good point or you mean there isnt an unlimited number of deer per area":???::???:

# 00 !!!!!!!

BCrams
12-22-2007, 03:19 PM

You'd be surprised that cougars in fact take out mature bucks, and big ones quite often.

dukester
01-06-2008, 09:09 PM
thats a classic Sask buck.. hats off to you. 2007 was a great year for seeing bucks, i thought the hard winter of 2006 would have blasted those bucks away. Your shooting is actually the norm for Prairie shooting bucks. Pushing bush and walking or driving around small bluffs produce a ton of huge bucks, these bucks run and shots taken as quick as you can .Don't let "whats his name" put a damper on your buck. drop me a line next year,i'll pour you some prairie pride in a glass. lol duke. i'd love to add some Sask buck pics and stories to this thread.. holy crap would it sturr up a shyte storm. lol... 3 foot lead 3 foot lead shoooooooooot.. cor.

chevy
01-06-2008, 09:29 PM
LOL good post dukester, i will drop ya a line next year for sure pm me let me know where you are and i wil lright it down, and your right, lots of guys ''critisize'' the way people shoot, but in all honesty, some havent hunted the prairies and it is totally different, it isnt like here where you can spot and stock the animal, there you are limited, it is either shoot or go home empty handed with a $150.00 deer tag in your pocket, and i mean if some of you guys who do critisize about shooting at distances, actually go to saskatchewan and see for your self then, let's keep the comments on the down low, once again thanks guys and dukester pm me

todbartell
01-06-2008, 09:49 PM
lots of guys ''critisize'' the way people shoot, but in all honesty, some havent hunted the prairies and it is totally different, it isnt like here where you can spot and stock the animal, there you are limited, it is either shoot or go home empty handed with a $150.00 deer tag in your pocket, and i mean if some of you guys who do critisize about shooting at distances, actually go to saskatchewan and see for your self then, let's keep the comments on the down low

It is not about shooting long distances, it is about knowing where your bullet will land at those distances.

chevy
01-06-2008, 10:52 PM
go to sask and try for your self, or wait dont go to sask they dont need people like you there, even still man, do you know what it is like shooting in the prairies? nope didnt think so, and i have shot enough to know where my bullet is gonna hit, most of the animals i have shot have been 300 yrds or more, so i will shoot what i wanna shoot and i will shoot at a distance i wanna shoot, and if i do, well what are you gonna do about it seriously?
and your telling me that when and if you shoot at a distance like that you are gonna know exactly where your bullet is gonna hit, when out there the wind is blowing 80mph, you havent got a clue where your bullet is gonna hit, and i doubt anybody would!!!! its just a chance that i am willing to take trying to judge the wind factor and distance,!

Gateholio
01-06-2008, 11:04 PM
go to sask and try for your self, or wait dont go to sask they dont need people like you there, even still man, do you know what it is like shooting in the prairies? nope didnt think so, and i have shot enough to know where my bullet is gonna hit, most of the animals i have shot have been 300 yrds or more, so i will shoot what i wanna shoot and i will shoot at a distance i wanna shoot, and if i do, well what are you gonna do about it seriously?
and your telling me that when and if you shoot at a distance like that you are gonna know exactly where your bullet is gonna hit, when out there the wind is blowing 80mph, you havent got a clue where your bullet is gonna hit, and i doubt anybody would!!!! its just a chance that i am willing to take trying to judge the wind factor and distance,!

Pretty much sums it up...

And you wonder why there are critics?:confused:

todbartell
01-06-2008, 11:06 PM
spray and pray!

it is unethical slobs that give hunters a bad name. do you shoot at sounds in the bush too?

Muleycatcher
01-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Grow up!! wow! Nice buck!! congrats..bunch of whinning babies on this site.

chevy
01-06-2008, 11:12 PM

Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha now that right there is priceless i love it

todbartell
01-06-2008, 11:18 PM
may I remind you that it was not me that shot the bear. if it was me shooting, you might have something, but you dont. I told an honest tale, I have not, and will not deny the facts that happened on that hunt. No coverups, no going back on what I said, no smoke and mirrors.

nice try to turn the attention off you and your piss poor ethics though! :wink:

chevy
01-06-2008, 11:20 PM
spray and pray!

it is unethical slobs that give hunters a bad name. do you shoot at sounds in the bush too?

Sometimes i do ya never know when that big sasquatch is gonna come and get ya or that killer squirrell those are the bad ones ya gotta worry about, just cant be too safe out there,

StoneChaser
01-06-2008, 11:21 PM

400+ yard offhand running shots in 80mph wind at -37 C....another intraweb hero is born!:rolleyes:

chevy
01-07-2008, 08:30 AM
cool im a hero wow what an accomplishment to be caled a hero on this awesome site blah blah blah blah

BIGHUNTERFISH
01-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Hey Bartell,
Do you have a hard time rembering what you say.Here is a quote of yours from 10-29-07
Ive never seen what I would class as a "monster", but I can see how a guy could come unglued and do stuff he wouldn't normally think of doing under usual circumstances.

calvin L
01-07-2008, 08:54 AM
I have been out to Sask . I was lucky to have brought home a 157" white tail, not the largest deer we saw but hell it was my best . I have seen deer killed on the dead run . Lucky most likely ! but it was done .Do I have the right to tell anyone that it should not have been done ? NO
I know from my time out there I WILL PULL THE TRIGGER ON BROWN IF IT IS BIG ENOUGH. And you just know if it is a shooter buck! I don't know a hunter that is not hunting horn when they go to AB or SASK ! Grow up people .BITCHING LIKE THIS WILL IN TIME HAVE US ALL PLAYING VIDEO GAMES ,BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HUNT ANYMORE .Congrats on a great buck good luck next year Chevy

Calvin L

Let the $hit fly

camelsfoot
01-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Nice Buck chevy.You could just as easily have missed and no harm would be done. Ya gota get some lead in the air to get the nice bucks. Conrad's again on a exciting and prosperous hunt.:cool:

chevy
01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks guys i appreciate it

frenchbar
01-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Dont let the pot stirrers get to ya chevy.good looking buck.keep the pics and storys coming.you take some fine looking animals.

fozzy
01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Bottom line, it's in the freezer.
Some people have too much spare time and seem to like to nit pick and bitch. It only brings down the quality level of this site. Most of the time it's a good place to hang out.
Nice buck :)

todbartell
01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Hey Bartell,
Do you have a hard time rembering what you say.Here is a quote of yours from 10-29-07
Ive never seen what I would class as a "monster", but I can see how a guy could come unglued and do stuff he wouldn't normally think of doing under usual circumstances.

yes, I said that, and I stand by my comment. If a 200+ inch whitetail was in front of me, who knows what would happen. but a medium size 150 buck? from the looks of things, that is barely an average buck in Sask! :)

Fisher-Dude
01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
there you are limited, it is either shoot or go home empty handed with a $150.00 deer tag in your pocket

Personally, I'd rather go home and BS the boys about the nice buck that I didn't shoot at because it was too far and running like the wind, than go home and lay awake at night and wonder how that poor animal is that I blew the hind leg off of. For $150, I'd rather see no wounded animal than worry about the money.

But hey, that's just me. I've always considered my tag cost as part of the cost to go on the hunt, like gas and food, rather than consider it wasted money if it isn't punched. 8)

BIGHUNTERFISH
01-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Personally, I'd rather go home and BS the boys about the nice buck that I didn't shoot at because it was too far and running like the wind, than go home and lay awake at night and wonder how that poor animal is that I blew the hind leg off of. For $150, I'd rather see no wounded animal than worry about the money.

But hey, that's just me. I've always considered my tag cost as part of the cost to go on the hunt, like gas and food, rather than consider it wasted money if it isn't punched. 8)

You not worry about the cash?? I hear you shoot some military Huskavarna rifle that was left over on the beaches of Normandy back in 1943 and use an old 1980 Kmart special fiberglass fly rod for chirnonmid fishing.Your quads got more miles on it than a 1972 Kenworth and your Kodiac boots have more holes in them than a swiss cheese.:D

Fisher-Dude
01-07-2008, 04:50 PM
You not worry about the cash?? I hear you shoot some military Huskavarna rifle that was left over on the beaches of Normandy back in 1943 and use an old 1980 Kmart special fiberglass fly rod for chirnonmid fishing.Your quads got more miles on it than a 1972 Kenworth and your Kodiac boots have more holes in them than a swiss cheese.:D

That's why I can afford to squander a book fulla tags BHF! :wink:

kloosterboer
01-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Great Buck Chevy!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: And one hell of a Shot Congrats. Good for you for taking a tricky shot when you new you could make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beer
01-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Good job chevy. Nice buck! Like Gretzky said, " You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

fozzy
01-07-2008, 06:57 PM

I've gone to Sask and came home with an empty tag. Not a big deal. I'd do it again if the right shot didn't come along. Would I take an off hand shot at that distance? No. I don't shoot offhand ever if I can avoid it, I prefer to take some kind of a rest. Would I take one at that distance and further shooting prone in the right circumstances? you bet!

Islandeer
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
yawn... clearly this dustup is done.

chevy
01-07-2008, 08:22 PM
yes, I said that, and I stand by my comment. If a 200+ inch whitetail was in front of me, who knows what would happen. but a medium size 150 buck? from the looks of things, that is barely an average buck in Sask! :)

have you ever shot a "medium sized buck'' i dont see any in our gallery, in all honesty i would like to know how many guys here, have never shot anything or at anything, at 400 yards, because no matter what i know probably 95% of guys who have been hunting long enough and are on here, have definately taken the shot. whether they have hit the animal or they have missed the animal, you cant tell me most of you have never shot that distance, almost everybody i know, has and living in the elk valley, east kootenay area i know alot of hunters!!!!!!!!!
and for the record he is 160 not just a medium 150 class buck!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek_Erickson
01-07-2008, 08:25 PM
No Offence But,
Why dont you shuttup already, This is an ongoing JOKE, like you said in the other thread you were eating him, he's good, GOOD JOB,

you also said in another post, you were done here, well, it's been about 40 more posts about this pathetically stupid shit
As you said, GROW Up quit judging other guys by their Gallery

MOVE ON

P.S

You've contradicted yourself well over 5 times

chevy
01-07-2008, 08:51 PM
blah blah blah blah ask me if i care really

Derek_Erickson
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
SOrry if I offended you, seems I must have, but now your just being ignorant

chevy
01-07-2008, 08:57 PM
wow this is gonna take forever deleting all my photos off of this site so far i have gotten all of last years off and put up on another site

chevy
01-07-2008, 10:09 PM
k all pics are officially gone

Stone Sheep Steve
01-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Somebody please shoot this thread. Don't even have to lead it:???:.

SSS