PDA

View Full Version : ROD and gun clubs

steelheadSABO
11-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi does anyone know of a rod and gun club in the abbotsford area where I can
shoot a rifle on a weekend without being a member.THANKS

Steeleco
11-29-2007, 06:37 PM
I think your going to be out of luck. IIRC the only range in the whole lower mainland that has walk in privileges is POCO.

As a member at Ridgedale I know you can get 2 visits each year for $3, after that your encouraged to join. Which really is a good thing!

steelheadSABO
11-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks now i'm thinking of becoming a member of ridgedale rod and gun.I have been on their website.I hear its only 35$ for a junior.
Lots of people recomended ridgedale over mission rod and gun club.

Steeleco
11-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks now i'm thinking of becoming a member of ridgedale rod and gun.I have been on their website.I hear its only 35$ for a junior.

At those rates, a year at Ridgedale is $5 cheaper than 2 visits to POCO.
It's a great range, have been a member since 00

pupper
11-29-2007, 11:05 PM
you can be guest of a member for $10 bucks at abby fish and game if you know a member there

r106
11-30-2007, 09:01 PM
what are the rules to shooting up in the mountains near chilliwack? chipmunk, foley lake area I got a new gun and want to site it in and have the same problem as steelhaedSABO

Mtn Wonderer
11-30-2007, 09:46 PM
There are a few gravel pits, hundreds of atver's on the weekend though, Best to get involved in range member ship though it supports both the range and the national rifle assoc.

r106
11-30-2007, 10:29 PM
ya I agree I signed up today at ridgedale and won't get my membership till tuesday or wednesday but eger to shoot my new rem 700 and have the weekend off.. Is there any other local spots thats safer.. I know about the atv and the dirt bikers up there, Im one of them, I now that area like the back of my hand
________
Volcano Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)

Scottish Warrior
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM

I just joined the Mission Club; it's a good facility but seems to suffer from some mismanagement and internal turmoil. I'm sure it's the same everywhere. The 300 yard range is great. I fail to understand why gun clubs are so cheap; for the facility you get access to the value is incredible. I wish they would charge twice what as much and fix things up a little better. $100 bucks a year is a pittance for what a range provides IMO.