PDA

View Full Version : Quesnel 2 day indoor

willyqbc
03-25-2005, 10:19 AM
So, anyone coming to the two day indoor here in Quesnel this week-end??

Chris

oldtimer
03-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Well I took a couple of hours off work in the morning and then a couple of hours off in the afternoon and had a ball !! Shot 319 out of 400 which for me is about average. They had the course set up pretty good, some tricky shots thru trees or over the backs of other animals. Now I justhave to figure out out to get enough time offwork tomorrow to get in another 2 rounds. Doesn't look promising. good shoot Chris and sorry i couldn't help set up on friday nite ..Mike

willyqbc
03-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Considering its the Easter week-end the turn-out is not too bad, roughly 60 shooters with several categories being VERY competitive. Sammy99 and Michael have comfortable leads and should cruise easily to victory barring any unforseen tragedies!!:tongue: I have a battle tommorrow as myself and another fellow are points apart fighting for 2nd with scores of 380 and 382....neither one of us will catch the leader who shot an amazing 398/400 :shock:........ after not having picked up his bow since hunting season. The fellow is a friend of mine and works at the mill with me and I have to say he is a freak of nature when it comes to shooting a bow!! Anyhow, we had a great day and I will hopefully pick up some money after hitting one of the cash spots, also with any luck we will all improve our score tommorrow!

Chris

Thunderstix
03-26-2005, 08:12 PM
I wish I could make it. My score would be ugly though as I have just changed to a recurve (sold my compound) and have not yet received my new 70# Martin Hatfield Take-down yet....should be here Monday or Tuesday. They retail on Martins site for $599.00 USD, but I picked one up for $225.00 USD from a guy with a back injury who can only pull 55#'s after his back surgery. He hunted with it once but shot paper with it some. My "real" bow is the one that Lorrie Arnold Smith is making me, but it will not be ready until this time next year. It is an Algoma Boss Take-down Recurve with the reverse mount limbs in 65#'s. I CANNOT wait!

willyqbc
03-26-2005, 10:03 PM
SWEET!! those are gonna be some nice shooting bows stix!! I have heard nothing but god about the L.A Smith bows, your gonna be real happy i think! Congrats on your purchase!!

Chris

willyqbc
03-27-2005, 03:23 PM
well the shoots over and done with and as expected Sammy99 and Michael won their respective categories. I managed to hold off my fellow competitor from Williams Lake by putting up a 388/400 today for a total of 770! The fellow i spoke of in the previous post that won the shoot, shot 396 today for an amazing 794/800 total.....and this was by no means an easy course. I'm sure he has a long standing deal with Satan to be able to post scores like those!!;) I did manage to pick up $42 for hitting 2 cash spots so that was a bonus!!

The shoot itself was very well received and particularly by the traditional shooters who were raving about the set-up as we catered to them, managing to create three courses out of two allowing 5-25yd shots for the cubs, 15-35 yd shots for the traditonals and 20-50yd shots for the adult compounders! Not an easy feat with a fixed shooting line in an indoor event!!:p All in all a very pleasant week-end! Hope to see a few more folks out for this one next year!!

Chris

oldtimer
03-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Good time was had by all !! I took a couple off work again and did a couple of speed rounds before most of the shooters were there. Shot a 317 so was pretty happy. The wife in only her second shoot with a recurve shot a 93 so she was happy as hell, even got some 10x's. Now it is on to merritt !!!! If willy will give me points I might just wager a few bucks.

Thunderstix
03-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Sounds like an awesome time was had by all. You guys best come to the Bog Hollow shoot here in Rupert on June 4 & 5 weekend. I am going to the Smithers shoot on April 23 weekend and then the Terrace shoot May 7 & 8. Did you see the prizes being offered in Terrace?:shock: Wow!