PDA

View Full Version : x-mas birds.

Sikanni Stalker
11-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I am coming to the island for christmas this year and I see that goose and ducks are open still. Does anyone want to head out for a day? Is there still any birds around at that time. I am going to be in the Duncan area, but I can go where ever I need to. It will be good after christmas and before New years roughly.

Marc
11-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I am coming to the island for christmas this year and I see that goose and ducks are open still. Does anyone want to head out for a day? Is there still any birds around at that time. I am going to be in the Duncan area, but I can go where ever I need to. It will be good after christmas and before New years roughly.

Tim I'll more then likely have some spare time on my hands. Can't promise you a lot of birds but we can get out and try anyway. My wife is flying from the 23rd to the 27th of Dec so I've got some free time to do some shooting. It would probably only be half days as I've got a puppy at home but hey I'm game. My vacation starts on the 24th of December to the 6th Jan.

Bow Walker
11-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Brings back memories of the Open House on Boxing day that my dear ole mum used to host. All the kids' friends and girl friends and any family friends were welcome - kids and all in the later years.

Us three boys used to provide the game meat (venison, ducks, geese) for the table fare to augment the turkey and ham leftovers. Later on when my little bro' and I were into scuba diving we used to bring home fresh greenlings, scallops, abalone, crab, and what have you.

Great times.

Sikanni Stalker
11-25-2007, 12:36 PM
sounds good MArc, I will give you a shout a little closer to the time and we'll make a plan. Pencil me in....