PDA

View Full Version : NewZealand Regs?

Tank
03-22-2005, 07:43 AM
I'm headin off to NewZealand for the month of May and recently got into contact with a friend of a friend who lives on the south island and is a hunting fanatic. It looks like he might be able to take me out for a hunt or two while i'm down there. What I was wondering was, can a foriegner buy a licence to hunt in NZ or do they have to hire a guide like in Canada? I have heard rumors to back up both answers:? . If anyone has any experience/info inthis matter it would be very appreciated!

Steeleco
03-22-2005, 09:42 AM
You lucky B'star'd I wish one day to go there, I found this site, have a boo http://www.newzealandnz.co.nz/hunting/ But it comes with a warning!!! Your not allowed to post again upon your return without lots of COOOOOL pictures and stories. :D:D Have a safe trip!!

bone-collector
03-22-2005, 10:20 AM
may you fall off a rock ledge and break your legs ................... other than that bit of envy have a good trip

Tank
03-22-2005, 04:46 PM
thanx for the link seeleco.....it looks like i can show up with my shootin iron in tow, grab a licence and start huntin! Thats the way ive choosen to interpret the situation anyway:) . if anyone has any other views please share them before i get a rude awakening at the NZ airport:icon_frow lol! I'll definetly be bringing the digital camera so if i can ever figure out how to shrink the images to fit the size restrictions on the site i'll be able to keep a continous update going thru the trip......as long as i stay away from the rock ledges bones is warning me about;) !

Marc
03-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Hey Tank if you heed any help just fire the pictures to my email and I'll shrink em for you and email em back so you can post em up.

Marc.

Tank
03-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanx Marc, i will probably end up doing that.....i'm not so computer savy so posting pics can be hit or miss:roll:

K-1
03-22-2005, 09:23 PM
thanx for the link seeleco.....it looks like i can show up with my shootin iron in tow, grab a licence and start huntin! Thats the way ive choosen to interpret the situation anyway:) . if anyone has any other views please share them before i get a rude awakening at the NZ airport:icon_frow lol! I'll definetly be bringing the digital camera so if i can ever figure out how to shrink the images to fit the size restrictions on the site i'll be able to keep a continous update going thru the trip......as long as i stay away from the rock ledges bones is warning me about;) ! You might want to check at the NZ council office in Van.

Tank
03-22-2005, 10:50 PM
"NZ council office in Van"

What is their function K-1? Do they have a website or e-mail?

Tank
03-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Well i've been snooping around a NZ hunting forum and have found out that hunting licences are not required in NZ. neither do you require a guide. Also, seasons are non existent....with over a dozen big game species to hunt it is 100% open to what ever, where ever, and however many you care to shoot! I'm really startin to look forward to this trip! Although Lisa is looking less and less impressed every time I give her an update about how easy it is for me to go hunting during "our" vacation:roll: .

Tank
04-29-2005, 08:05 AM
well the time has finaly come and i'm off to newzealand tonight! So far the trip has a thar hunt on the south island followed by a sitka deer hunt on the north island....and then a ferral goat cull only 2 hours south of auckland (on this same cull last year this fellow and 2 of his friends took 170 goats in 2 days!:shock: ). i'm bring all sorts of cameras down and will try to send back pics at every opportunity. I'm gone for the month of may so my bear hunt is over:-? ....good luck to everyone with the rest of spring bear season!

3kills
04-29-2005, 10:14 AM
have fun cant wait to see pics!!!

MB_Boy
04-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Ditto to Darcy's post......have a good trip and take LOTS of pics!!