PDA

View Full Version : More on recent JOP event

Canuck2
03-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Further to willyq's post regarding his son's excellent showing, here's an addition to that particular province-wide shoot (Saturday, March 12).

We managed to get one shooter from our rinky dink little club over to Penticton for that venue. The majority of the shooters were going about their business in Abbotsford and Prince George simultaneously, and the archer from here had no idea what he was shooting against at the time. Regardless, he did a fine job and had a whale of a time.

When the results were tallied, he ended up first in his division of 15 archers. He shoots a recurve and is becoming a fine shot. I'm really impressed with this guy's attitude and his approach to the whole thing; an excellent ambassador for our sport.

willyqbc
03-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey Jack give him a BIG congatulations from me!!! You gonna get him out there on the 3-D course as well this year? We have just introduced some of our JOP who showed interest to the world of 3-D and you'd think they'd died and gone to heaven!! they are really enjoying it.

How's your little club doing down there? Anything i can do to help? any equipment you need, I could see what I could scrounge up. Let me know!

Chris

3kills
03-22-2005, 04:15 AM
sounds good jack..congrats to him...

Canuck2
03-22-2005, 08:51 AM
Chris, thanks for your kind offer. The kids all have their own equipment so far and we have also raised some loot on our own as well as received funding from the school. So we're able to defray travel expenses, buy targets, and so on.

I have several who are eager to hit the 3D circuit and hope to get some of them to Summerland in April. Before that, it's trail walks to practice judging distances. The veteran of the bunch went to 3 or 4 3D shoots last year and attended the summer games as well.

I will also set up a course of about 10 targets on my own property and have a shoot or two over the next month for both the kids and a few friends. We have a whale of a time doing that.