PDA

View Full Version : Where in Saskatchewan to hunt

gollum257
11-20-2007, 11:05 AM
I am looking for a little imput I have been trying to get out to Saskatchewan for a few years now but everybody keeps bailing well to hell with with them I think I am just going to go.Let me know if you can help.Tx.gollum

WoodOx
11-20-2007, 12:07 PM
go north, young hunter, go north.

forest fringe is best (forest if you like think $hit hunting) for the real whoppers.

g'luck

(PM Dukester, hes from Sask and very helpful, may be able to provide some direction)

1/2 slam
11-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Hunt the gap between the Manitoba and Alberta borders :biggrin::biggrin: Ask some of the gapers they may be able to help.

dukester
11-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I am looking for a little imput I have been trying to get out to Saskatchewan for a few years now but everybody keeps bailing well to hell with with them I think I am just going to go.Let me know if you can help.Tx.gollum
pm sent.. the rut is one hard bucks are bedded in the middle of fields and we have snow. no back packing grunt work here. just shoot straight out to 500 yrds.. cor. pm for details.

kjohn
12-01-2007, 09:38 PM
For whitetails, almost anywhere in Southeast SK, plus a great area elsewhere. I get a big kick out of the ridiculous hype in the "get your big buck" magazines. Around where I was raised, there are deer all over the place. I guess if you are looking for the biggest one in North America, it might be a little tougher. Each to his/her own. I am happy to just get out and tramp around in the bush with a rifle.:tongue::tongue:

mikek blacktail
12-02-2007, 06:37 AM
good luck I hope to be heading that way next year.

knighthunter
12-11-2007, 07:48 AM
I also am thinking of a Sask deer hunt for 2008. i've already checked out the price of licences and such.

Wild 1
12-27-2007, 12:35 PM
I've always had my greatest hunts in the south. No forests to hunt, if you like hunting trees, stay in B.C. I was raised in Sask Igo back every year. If you want to hunt the open flats and couleys hunt south of Yorkton. Be prepared though Whitetails can run REALLY fast. If you want to hunt patches of brush hunt yorkton to PA then further north comes the forest. If you know someone who is willing to set up a blind or stand for you this can be one hell of a great spot to hunt, if not it could very well turn you off making a return trip.

longshotz
01-17-2008, 05:29 PM
I've hunted the Lafleche and Assiniboia area of Sask. for the past 2 years for birds and have seen more deer in one morning than I have seen in several seasons in BC. This was in early to mid Oct.
The catch here is that a guide (BIG $) is needed to hunt early season. Late season is available for a 4/6 day stretch, but local info has it that the deer have been shot at and chased all season, not to mention the possibility of whiteout storms and -20/30C temps. All in all, a very tough show. Success is not considered good unless you have a guide or detailed local knowledge.
Good luck anyhow.