PDA

View Full Version : Time to brag up the wee one again!!

willyqbc
03-18-2005, 02:40 AM
Sorry folks... just had to tell someone before i bust!!!

Having just found out the results of my sons participation in the indoor JOP provincials, held regionally across B.C. last week-end. I was astounded to say the least!!! First off i will say that this was his first real FITA competition, and seeing as parents are not allowed on the line he was out there all by himself....poor little bugger looked like a dwarf on the line next to all them other kids!!:grin: Anyway when it was all over we knew he had shot well, setting two personal best scores!!!:biggrin: , but it turns out the kids who were marking his scores did the math wrong and the scores were actually higher than we had thought. Long story short, he came in 1st in his age group by category, and second overall for his category!!! i couldn't friggin believe it.....just about sh*t a brick when i read the results. Its 1:30 AM right now and I'm havin a real hard time from going and waking up Sammy99 to tell her the news!!!:grin: :grin: Kids... ya gotta love em!!!

*doin the happy dance*
Chris

3kills
03-18-2005, 05:46 AM
sounds awesome chris...he is giong to be one hell of archer when he gets older..hell he is one hell of an archer now....

huntersdad
03-18-2005, 07:46 AM
CONGRATS to your son and yourself. It sounds like both of you have done some great work. HD

love the woods
03-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Hey chris.Give your son a big pat on the back for me.

Blacktail
03-18-2005, 09:55 AM
sounds like lots of fun for the little guy and you too:mrgreen:

Thunderstix
03-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Right on Chris!

QnsCowboy
03-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Well done. sounds like a chip off the old block eh Chris.....

Craig

bochunk2000
03-18-2005, 06:48 PM
I love to hear (read) how excited you are. Its awesome to hear how well your son is doing but I love these post because you can ..feel the excitement you have for your son. I am going to take my son to shoot for the first time this upcoming week. He lives out in Saskatoon with his sister and mother. I have been waiting a long time for this. I would have had him shooting a .22 a while back but the ex blew a gaskit. I'm sure we'll have fun. Once again congrats on how well your son is doing. Steve.

Schutzen
03-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Chris
Congrats to you all and your son in particular... thats real nice. Hope this is the 1st of many to come.
Schutz

houndogger
03-18-2005, 07:49 PM
That is great news Chris!:grin:

rock
03-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Reminds me of my son shooting tin cans of the top of a stump with a long bow, he never did tell me how long he practiced, cause I know he did alot of shooting while I was at work. Im talking 20 yards and 10 yrs old, I had to be proud.

Canuck2
03-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Chris, I finally clued in that this thread was here. A hearty congratulations to your son; good for him! Of course, he undoubtedly has a pretty good coach too. If you ever find out who it is, let him know that he's doing a fine job.:mrgreen:

At any rate, it sounds like your son will be a force to be reckoned with for a long time. Glad I'm in the masters division.;-)

oldtimer
03-21-2005, 09:18 PM
AAAAHHHHHHHHH he takes after his grandpa!!!!:wink: NOT LIKELY HA HA HA>
The only thing we have in common is love for the sport, respect for Willy8) and of course the family good looks . Mike