PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole our best friend!

moosinaround
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Believe it or not, someone stole our 13 month old Black Lab! She was on her chain at the house cause my wife was sleeping, my son and I went out looking for deer. I come home tonight to find my wife glassy eyed, tells my son and I Maggie is gone. She was in our yard which is fenced but on the chain cause she has a passion for my BBQ parts. The chain was laying on our patio, not broken, and all our gates were locked. I searched the whole yard, neighborhood and am putting up flyers. Who would steal a families best friend? Anyways, it has been a bad year in our house for dogs, and I sure hope whoever has our Maggie she is being looked after. If not I hope she bites them in the ass and runs. Moosin:cry:

lip_ripper00
11-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Boy what can I say... hope you find her, that really sucks a family pet is one of the family. Good luck and keep us posted!!

The 'Hummer'
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM
I can only imagine your pain. :-oWe hae 'almost' the same, except ours is yellow and 3 years old. She's become a very important part of our family and if something similar happened to us, we'd be devistated. I hope whoever did it gets their 'just reward'.:mad:Did she have an ear tattoo by any chance? I understand its possible to get a 'chip' implant these days as well. I'm going to have to look into that.

TIKA 300
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
That ROYALLY ROYALLY SUCKS !!!!!!!! Hope you find her.TK

Sharkey
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh man that is awful! - I'm so sorry to hear that. I just couldn't imagine someone doing that. The trouble with Labs is that they'd drown you with slobber before they would ever bite you. Makes them easy to steal. My yellow lab headed out with the mailman one time - followed him for about 9 blocks before I found him... Let us know if/when you find her!
~D

RMG
11-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Totally uncomprehensible the low level that some people can stoop to. Hope Maggie shows up somewhere soon. Best of Luck.

quadrakid
11-11-2007, 09:04 PM
losing a pet is heartbreaking,having it stolen is infuriating. hope you find your pooch and the lowlife who took her.

bsa30-06
11-11-2007, 09:14 PM
is there nothing these low life idiots wont steal.I hope you find maggie, and i hope she chewed them up good.

BcBob
11-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your lab. I would like to help if i can. I'm in Kamloops.

Will
11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Post a Pic......if you got one...
Maybe someone on here may notice thier "Neighbor" has a new dog ?

That really sucks......hope she turns up :|

Calamity Jane
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Best of luck finding her! Hopefully if Maggie doesn't bite her captors then Karma will!

boxhitch
11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Wow, thats a tough one. Hope you get her back, but barring that hope she is a good home (but somehow I doubt it). A sad sign of the times,

newhunterette
11-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Moosin - that just turned my stomach inside out - I am so appalled at the gall and ignorance some people have that they would steal a family pet - we have a menagerie of animals in our home that we love so very much - if someone was to take just one of them we would be heartbroken - Please keep us informed about this and hope for a safe return of Maggie to your loving home.

Ali

1/2 slam
11-12-2007, 01:31 AM
What a low down POS. They should be shot and pi$$ed on.

lip_ripper00
11-12-2007, 01:38 AM
What a low down POS. They should be shot and pi$$ed on.

and more :evil:

The Dawg
11-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Moosin, email me a pic...I would love to help out....

11-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss......being a dog owner/lover myself, l feel for you!

Nimrod
11-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Oh man I'm so sorry, that's terrible.
that's the lowest form of scum, lower than general thievery. I have 2 golden retrievers and my wife is always paranoid there going to get stolen. if any one ever did ...and I got my hands on them.....'
Does she have a RFID chip?

Allen50
11-12-2007, 12:03 PM
it has to be someone that knows what you were doing that day, and where ever one was going to be, to get in and out with out someone seeing them, maybe someone your kids know, it may have been two people if your gates were locked they had to pass the dog over the gate and be able to get out with out someone knowing,, just something to concider, trying to give a helping hand,, that just a terrible thing to have happen,, good luck on finding the dog,,

Sasquatch
11-12-2007, 12:37 PM
That is lower than low. I would be on the verge of homicidal if someone stole my dog. I hope you find the scum and deal with them.

Please post a pic of the dog so we can keep our eyes open, you just never know.

Rock Doctor
11-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear that, I had the same thing happen to me yrs ago. I had a 6 month old Australian Shepherd stollen from my (Fully Fenced) back yard. Beautiful pup, smart as a whip..........Never saw him again:mad:.

I really hope you have better luck than I did.

RD

Tarp Man
11-12-2007, 02:50 PM
That sucks! I would be torn between breaking down weeping or just cold inside... Steal my dog? Look out. Post up pictures if you have some... there are many people on the internet, you never know who will see what... I will also post it up on a couple fishing sites I am on...

pitdog
11-12-2007, 10:51 PM
That sucks. It makes me sick people will steal anything. I hope you get her back soon.:evil:

LOC
11-13-2007, 09:04 AM
G'luck in the search! I hope you track her down.

ryanb
11-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Make sure you put up a reward in the flyers, and emphasize that no questions will be asked. I'd wager you'll be contacted. But of course, make sure YOU DO ASK questions, or even better nail the *******s if they bring your dog back.

jae
11-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Some people are just nasty....we just got our first family dog( a black lab cross ) and I couldnt imagine. Same thing happened to a friend of mine... someone took her 12 mth old black lab right out of her van! I keep an extra close watch on mine now. Hope you find her.:cry:

moosinaround
11-13-2007, 07:59 PM
What a crew we have on this site! I really appreciate the replys guys, we lost our golden on easter sunday, and when we seen Maggie was gone we were heart broken, especially my son. Maggie showed up on our door step recently, and boy did I have a happy family. It was very strange, all our gates were closed and she was unhooked from the chain? I think someone underestimated her strength, she is a big girl, and she busted loose from them. She come straight into the house and it was funny she grabbed my hoody and touque and layed on them and went to sleep. Again thanks to you guys here for caring, strangers that care certainly restores my faith again. To the people that thought they could take Maggie, I sure hope the next dog they try to grab, grabs them good. Thanks again Moosin:-D

The Dawg
11-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Glad to hear it Mike!

I know what you went through..my inlaws golden ran away last new years...she ended up on our front step a week later- about 2 miles away. If only they could talk....

bsa30-06
11-13-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm glad you got her back.This story really turned my stomach, i have a golden retriever and she is a big part of the family, my kids adore her and she adores them so i could imagine what you guys were going thru.

lip_ripper00
11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Great to hear you got her back:grin:. Yes if only she could talk, you would which putz to have a talk with!!:evil:.

LOC
11-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Glad to hear it's a happy ending!

Tikka7mm
11-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Right on Moosin!!!! I'm happy for ya. I have a 4 month old boxer pup and I'd be absolutley devistated if anything happened to her. I'm glad you found your dog....I'm sure it certainly wouldn't have been the same around your house without her.

Sharkey
11-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Awwwww - how great is that!
~D