PDA

View Full Version : i pulled the trigger

dukester
11-09-2007, 08:34 PM
my friend suggested that i sit in his blind the other night, because there seems to be a horse shoe in there for the past 2 yrs. i past this buck up twice as there were 2 other bucks at this bait. a nice heavy 3x3 and a small 5x3(next year). being my 1st time hunting out of a baited blind site i had my doubts as what i would really get out of shooting a deer baited.. It was amazing. i watched all 3 bucks compete for dominence. hair standing on end, walking stiff leg,not wanting to move ther neck/head. one would approach the oats push the other away.. they made no sound at all.. then as my buck walked into a willow bluff, the 3x3 followed.. i watched my buck make a scrape and stand straight up on his hind legs to mark a willow branch. he siffed it , pawed the ground, looked at the 3x3 as if saying piss off or else. as my bucked walked away quartering towards the forest i then decided this was just to cool to pass up this odd looking whitetail.. this is the 2nd whitetail on this property that i have shot with a mulie branched 4x4 headgear.

David Heitsman
11-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Baiting issues aside: is there not some hybridization going on with that deer?

WoodOx
11-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Nah just splitting tines. Awesome buck duke, id like to get one like that in Sask!

WoodOx
11-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Well, a damned nice meat buck then if I do say so myself!

rocksteady
11-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Don't let those ill advised comments from persons previoous prevent you from enjoying the site....

Great buck.....We just tend to go on tangents...

Marc
11-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I just deleted 15 post that had nothing to do with this thread and went off track like a train hauling in central BC.

Nice deer Dukester.

KodiakHntr
11-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Little quick on the delete button aren't you Marc?

Marc
11-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Little quick on the delete button aren't you Marc?

No I don't think so, when 15 consecutive post have nothing to do with the initial thread it's time to get it back to where it was.

KodiakHntr
11-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Do you follow a lot of the threads here? A whack of them tend to wander. Don't notice any of the other mods killing posts is all. If a thread is taking on a life of its own and isn't offensive, why delete it? Of all the threads that should really be deleted, you choose this one? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

However, you're the boss...so, you're gonna do whatever you're gonna do anyway....so have at 'er and delete these ones too...

Marc
11-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Do you follow a lot of the threads here? A whack of them tend to wander. Don't notice any of the other mods killing posts is all. If a thread is taking on a life of its own and isn't offensive, why delete it? Of all the threads that should really be deleted, you choose this one? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

However, you're the boss...so, you're gonna do whatever you're gonna do anyway....so have at 'er and delete these ones too...

Why do you insist on ruining someone else's thread? If you want to post pictures of "your" deer then start another thread and stop hijacking this one..

KodiakHntr
11-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Why do you insist on ruining someone else's thread? If you want to post pictures of "your" deer then start another thread and stop hijacking this one..

Hmmm...Insist on ruining...Dunno, was asked for a picture, and provided a picture. Well, two pictures.
As to the quotations, are you perhaps insinuating that the deer in question wasn't mine?

For a mod, you definately aren't very objective are you?

And as for hijacking, you still haven't deleted your posts that are off "topic" yet have you?

All I'm saying is that of all the threads that are ongoing here, why take it upon yourself to delete posts from one? Are you going to read all of the active threads and delete posts that don't fit YOUR criteria of what is acceptable for a given thread?

Marc
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks again for ruining this thread. If you don't like the way I run this site then be my guest and surf somewheres else. After deleting 15 unrelated post that didn't pertain to this thread and asking you to leave it alone you still insisted to stir the pot.

Enjoy your two week time out.

dukester
11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Baiting issues aside: is there not some hybridization going on with that deer?

Thats what i thought also, but i have never seen any mulies anywhere near this farm for miles.. The tail, ears colour all point to a whitetail.

dukester
11-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Nah just splitting tines. Awesome buck duke, id like to get one like that in Sask!
Hey thanks i really injoyed this 1st baited hunt, would i do it again probably not,, i enjoy walking, stalking to much.. oh theres much bigger ones that will fall on Nov 23rd stay tuned.

dukester
11-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Don't let those ill advised comments from persons previoous prevent you from enjoying the site....

Great buck.....We just tend to go on tangents...
Thanks i did vent alittle , and i sorry, . I'm an ex-B.C'rrrr myself from ft st john. and thought baiting was the most nut ball idea also.

dukester
11-10-2007, 09:41 PM
I just deleted 15 post that had nothing to do with this thread and went off track like a train hauling in central BC.

Nice deer Dukester.

Thanks i owe you one.

dukester
11-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks again for ruining this thread. If you don't like the way I run this site then be my guest and surf somewheres else. After deleting 15 unrelated post that didn't pertain to this thread and asking you to leave it alone you still insisted to stir the pot.

Enjoy your two week time out.
have no problem locking this one out .. no worries on my part..

NaStY
11-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Very nice buck there.

I also enjoy the humor in others as well, as long as it doesn't become offensive. Debates are a great part of Canada.........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin :

todbartell
11-11-2007, 01:07 AM
hmmmmmmmm, seems this discussion got terminated ;)

Brambles
11-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Nice job Duke, congrats on taking a great buck. Cut and wrap time.

Calamity Jane
11-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Nice buck! Must've been amazing to watch em over the bait.. what a lesson in animal behaviour!