PDA

View Full Version : My New Bow !

Will
11-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Well took the plunge and ordered this fella.... It showed up today ! ! !
Big thanks to the help & advice some offered, I appreciated it.

A Chek-Mate TD Hunter II 62"
Bubinga/Zebra riser with Hickory limbs. 48#

Dam it's nicer then I imagined ! I love the wood tones, glad I picked what I did. Feels great in the hand too !

Can't wait for the rest of my goodies to arrive, should be a Fun Winter :mrgreen:

http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/IMG_2329.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/IMG_2330.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/IMG_2326.JPG

Bow Walker
11-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Fine looking bow Will. Love the wood grain and the 'red wood'. What's the poundage?

Bowzone_Mikey
11-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Well took the plunge and ordered this fella.... It showed up today ! ! !
Big thanks to the help & advice some offered, I appreciated it.

A Chek-Mate TD Hunter II 62"
Bubinga/Zebra riser with Hickory limbs. 48#

Dam it's nicer then I imagined ! I love the wood tones, glad I picked what I did. Feels great in the hand too !

Can't wait for the rest of my goodies to arrive, should be a Fun Winter :mrgreen:

http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/IMG_2329.JPG

http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/IMG_2330.JPG
http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/IMG_2326.JPG
sweet!!!!!!!

Will
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Fine looking bow Will. Love the wood grain and the 'red wood'. What's the poundage?
48 # :wink:
And man alive I can't hold her at full draw for too long........been awhile:redface:

rollingrock
11-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Very nice!

greybark
11-08-2007, 09:40 PM
8-) Hey Will , I consider that bow the "bow of choice" for shootability ,cost, workmanship, warranty, durability and just plain perty . One thing about Traditional bows is their character and no two are quite the same , thus you have a "one of a kind" that will be a part ot you. Good choice and good luck with it .

Bow Walker
11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Those muscles will come back pretty quick after a bit of practice - just don't over do it and injure/stress anything.

newhunterette
11-08-2007, 10:02 PM
absolutley beautiful Will - love the colours in the wood :)

Will
11-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Those muscles will come back pretty quick after a bit of practice - just don't over do it and injure/stress anything.
Gonna take er nice and slow ;)

Thanks Folks.......I'm certainly Pleased with it.

Specs.....
http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/BowStuff/IMG_2332.JPG

BCBear
11-08-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm not a string and stick hunter, but that sure is a beauty bow...looks like it wants to be in the bush8-)

MB_Boy
11-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Now here is your initiation question...........

At what time of the year do the juniors get to hunt with rifle???:shock::wink::mrgreen:

Great lookin' bow Will.

timberhunter
11-08-2007, 11:33 PM
For those that do not know .That bow was built by one of our members here on HBC. He goes by the handle of CUJO. Besides putting together a hell of a nice bow, he's a hell of a nice guy too. I have several of his bows on my wall, I won't shoot any other brand of traditional equipment.

rock
11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Very nice bow take it easy and slow breaking in the bow as well as yourself, should be fun to hunt with, good luck with it

calvin L
11-09-2007, 06:51 AM
YOU GOT RIPPED OFFF ...... THERE ARE NO WHEELS ON THAT BOW :eek:

Very nice they shoot like a dream . (not the kind of dream:cool:)

Will
11-11-2007, 09:16 PM
YOU GOT RIPPED OFFF ...... THERE ARE NO WHEELS ON THAT BOW :eek:
No Wheels ????? WTF ?

I'm still trying to figure out where the Cartridges go in..........? :?

:lol:;)

Bow Walker
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
No Wheels ????? WTF ?

I'm still trying to figure out where the Cartridges go in..........? :?

:lol:;)

Those ones are - by nature - single shot only :wink:

Will
11-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Abit of an update.....wow, this Bow shoots well, smooth and quiet. Sure flings em Fast ! Compared to what I've used anyways :shock:

I'm still waiting for some more arrows to show up for some real experimenting but after some quick paper tuning she's throwing some old PO Cedars nice and straight....I did adjust the nock point abit and they are riding off the shelf nice and smooth now.

I do have to work on my grip hand though..I'm still death gripping the thing, probably twisting the bow abit...scared to drop it:redface: Gonna rig up a wrist sling for now to try on the next outing to remove that fear.

Once the rest of my arrows and tips show up I'll spend some more time at the range and maybe do up a Field report or two !

Should be a fun winter.....lots to learn and lots of practise time to put in before I even think about attempting to Bowhunt, no doubt about that !

Thanks for the interest......:smile:

Bowzone_Mikey
11-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Will ... get yourself a Finger sling ... Basically para-cord with 2 loops at each end for your thumb and a finger ....about 5 inches long in total ...

then you can hold the bow properly without fear of it dropping and not have to wreak it by putting on a wrist sling attachment

Wildman
11-13-2007, 10:35 AM
What bow? I can't see it.............all I see is hardwood floors!;-) Nice floors.......and bow.

J_T
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm still death gripping the thing, probably twisting the bow Yeah, pretty bow. I have one similar.

When I hold the bow, the direction of pull is through my lower thumb knuckle, the bow canted about 10 - 15 degrees. My fingers on my bow hand are relaxed and don't hold the bow, or hold it just lightly. When you release, maintain the position of your bow hand (follow through). When you do this, the bow should just ever so slightly rotate forward in your bow hand.

Hey, it's wood, so what if it drops to the ground. If you think that might scratch it, think again about taking it hunting. They take a great beating and every scratch you put in it is a memory. Besides. Cujo can dress it up again in a few years.

greybark
11-13-2007, 09:37 PM
:smile: Hey Will , Glad you are enjoying the bow .
I regards to your concerns to your hand gripping the bow I teach the folowing . First your grip must be such that it does not change during the shot sequence . Imagin having a pressure sencer under that hand and have a monster Buck or Elk appear , the tendancy for a concrete crushing pressure is natural . Cheer up it is easy to overcome . I teach recurve shooters to grip the bow firmly with only the top two or three fingers and the others in a relaxed mode . Some archers actually curl those relaxed fingers completly off the riser . I just relax them .It is quite hard to vary the pressure with only the top control fingers and firm control pressure will help in silenceing your bow. With a little practice your mind knows that it is impossible to drop the bow durng the shot sequence and that top finger control pressure will remain the same right through to the follow through . That control is important not only for the follow through but presents little motion that would give your position away to an animal . No need for slings of any kind .
I hope this simple grip helps you as much as it has helped me .
Cheers I`m off to watch "Corner Gas"

Will
11-13-2007, 11:02 PM
all I see is hardwood floors!
Nope no hardwood here, just Cheap Laminate........:redface:
You can't trust anything on the internet :mrgreen::wink:

Big Thanks for You folks taking the time to give me some pointers.......It's really appreciated and I will put the tips to good use.
Thanks Again ! :-D