PDA

View Full Version : New decoys have arrived

Farmer
08-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Just got our shipment of 5 dozen mallard silhouettes from Dive Bomb industries.
We have had 5 dozen of their Canadas for several years and have been very happy with them.
The mallards look good. We used a friend's last year and were happy with them.
They all fit in one decoy bag nicely. We ordered a bag for our Canadas also. They will store smaller and be more protected now. Looking forward to waterfowl season big time.:grin:

f350ps
08-05-2021, 09:40 PM
I really like the the looks of them, let me know about durability at the end of our season please! K

Farmer
08-05-2021, 09:55 PM
We have had the Canadas for about 5 or 6 years and use them half a dozen times each season. They were just stored in our quad trailer loose.
We have had no breakage.

Beachcomber
08-05-2021, 11:04 PM
Curious to know what sets these decoys apart, besides their durability. I’ve got some pretty shonky looking floaters that probably should not be in the set but I throw them out anyway. I’ve got some convincing looking ones, some ancient inflatable ones and a few that really look like they have been run over. I always admire good looking decoys but stick with the 30 or so plus my mojo and do ok. I will spring for some new ones eventually but not decided which yet.

Farmer
08-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Curious to know what sets these decoys apart, besides their durability. I’ve got some pretty shonky looking floaters that probably should not be in the set but I throw them out anyway. I’ve got some convincing looking ones, some ancient inflatable ones and a few that really look like they have been run over. I always admire good looking decoys but stick with the 30 or so plus my mojo and do ok. I will spring for some new ones eventually but not decided which yet.

Other than 2 mojos, we just had floaters. In the field, the silhouettes sit up much higher and are therefore more visible to flying ducks. They also take up a lot less space to pack. The decoy bag for 60 silos is about 30 inches square by 10 inches wide. The goose bag is not much larger.
For a water set, we will use up to about 30 floaters.