PDA

View Full Version : Cracked mojo body

Beachcomber
07-31-2021, 06:23 PM
Anyone have any ideas about how to fix a crack in the back of a mojo decoy? It's about 3" long. I've been trying to think of ways of making sure it stays together but haven't come up with many good ones that don't involve duct tape. Any ideas?

Ron.C
07-31-2021, 06:28 PM
Anyone have any ideas about how to fix a crack in the back of a mojo decoy? It's about 3" long. I've been trying to think of ways of making sure it stays together but haven't come up with many good ones that don't involve duct tape. Any ideas?

drill a few small holes on either side of the crack and use small grey zip ties to stitch it closed. Birds won't be bothered at all and crack won't get any bigger.

Livewire322
07-31-2021, 09:12 PM
Drill a hole at the end of the crack if it is at risk of spreading farther. Then drill holes adjacent to the crack in pairs and zip tie together.

Beachcomber
07-31-2021, 10:43 PM
Good ideas with the zip ties. Thanks. I started thinking tonight about drilling but was leaning towards a metal bridge and bolting to that. Zip tie will probably work better though. Thanks again.

Steeleco
08-01-2021, 12:21 PM
Gorilla glue in the crack with as mentioned small holes at the end to stop further progression

nano
08-01-2021, 02:49 PM
Glueing it or Jb weld would be your best bet. It’s what we do to ours when we have issues. With the zap ties you will still need to find a way to minimize water getting in. Even though it’s made for The rain you don’t really want water getting in we’re it’s not meant to.

Beachcomber
08-01-2021, 03:55 PM
Hear you on the water thing. I think some combination of the zip ties, glue and a silicon bead inside might do it.

Foxton Gundogs
08-03-2021, 02:32 PM
Marine epoxy. Fixed MoJos and floaters with it for years.

BowsUp
08-03-2021, 07:40 PM
Marine Goop. Amazing what that stuff will do.

Beachcomber
08-03-2021, 10:17 PM
Thanks. Sounds good too. I like the idea of the zip ties for rigidity. It will get banged around in the punt and think glue alone would break again when it flexes.