PDA

View Full Version : where to go for duck/geese hunt in lower main land

tarrarpk1
10-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi dear hunters,

I need a little guidence from gentelman. i moved from toronto and don't know much about places to go for duck shooting. i live in surrey and only place so far i can find is in DELTA. can you please advice me some good legal hunitng places for ducks and geese. i would be very greatfull to BC hunters.

Would appriciate of you could advice in a details how to get there as i am fairly nes to lower mainland.

Regards,
BIL

Bow Walker
10-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Do a little reading in the Waterfowl and Small Game Hunting in BC forum......

Do a little research.

Marc
10-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Moved to the proper forum section

Scottish Warrior
10-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Welcome to God's country. Good to leave the big smoke for sure.

Pick up a copy of the "Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting" map; it's available at most most gun shops. It clearly shows the legal hunting area's.

After some research myself it seems the two best public spots are the Pitt Marsh in Pitt Meadows and Boundary Bay. Both locations require plenty of scouting before hand; don't expect to hunt on your first few trips just try and find a spot and see what others are doing. You will need a boat/canoe to hunt in either location along with waders and the rest of the normal gear.

There are plenty of regulations and no hunt areas are sometimes hard to identifiy. Be careful and do your homework.

Good Luck.

tarrarpk1
11-01-2007, 07:41 AM
thanks a lot for the info.

Danny
11-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey Scottish warrior
How did the decoys work out for you
Dan

BayBoy
11-01-2007, 09:53 AM
After some research myself it seems the two best public spots are the Pitt Marsh in Pitt Meadows He’s right Pitt Marsh is the way to go just do a search on the forum. Get out in a boat or canoe and check it out there is a little launch before Pitt lake parking lot you’ll see trucks there on the week end. Try to get to the upper end (Pitt lake end) lots of open water and ducks:lol:
Good luck!

Scottish Warrior
11-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey Scottish warrior
How did the decoys work out for you
Dan

I have not been able to get out yet! :x Hopefully this weekend.