PDA

View Full Version : Pitt Marsh Break-ins!

Greenhead
10-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey guy's if you are hunting the marsh DO NOT leave valubles in the truck. Got broken into on Friday, and to make matters worse, again yesterday!
GH

gameslayer
10-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Sounds like you need to set the blind up a little closer to the truck and change the game you are after. Sorry to hear we can't enjoy the outdoors.

Sharkey
10-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Awww that sucks! I can't remember who posted it a few weeks back, but he tacked a sign onto his montain bike that basically read "I am only a few hundred yards away from you and can see you clearly through my rifle scope - just back away from the bike and carry on your way". I thought that was pure genius! I hope what was stolen is easily replaceable and doesn't cost you too much $$$
~D

308BAR
10-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Isn't the Pitt Marsh only open to hunts on Wed, Sat and Sun. Fri and Mon hmmm you scouting or boating?

Greenhead
10-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Neither, and it didn't matter what I was doing there to the thieves. Just spent the whole day trying to replace everything, Drivers licence, care card, firearms permit, credit cards, bank cards, cell phone, sataliite radio, ashtray, licence plates, insurance papers, ect! 10 vehicles have been stolen on that road in the last two weeks according to RidgeMeadows RCMP.
Just trying to help out others.
GH

PS. I did manage to get a hunt in this Morning before the Motor Vehicle Branch opened!

pupper
10-31-2007, 04:44 PM
where?
on neaves?

Dano
10-31-2007, 09:13 PM
We were broken into a couple years ago. My buddies truck.
Only things taken were his sunglasses, bottle jack, half a box of shotgun shells, and my new nike running shoes! They used a screwdriver to bust the side window and scratched my buddy's truck, over $1000 for the repairs.
Years ago (the 70's) I had a tank of gas siphoned out of my truck. The old parking area was set off the road so I started parking out on the main road after that. I always put my club on the steering wheel now (my truck was stolen from in front of my house last july), only thing I leave in the truck now are my old runners and a few cd's.
Thanks for the warning,
Dan
P.S. I think I know where you were, it's a common place to get ripped off as lots of walkers and joggers go there.

Ian F.
11-01-2007, 06:18 AM
Appreciate the heads up.

It'd be nice to know the location as I hunt there every weekend

Grants Narrow Parking lot
marsh boat launch
Neaves rd and the cross dyke in the open cell
Bend in the road
Silver gates at neaves road
Silver gate in the corner

I think those are all the common locations

Ian

Scottish Warrior
11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
I would love to set up a sting operation............I've been broken into so many times. These car thieves are total scum bag pieces of shit.