PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Clips

Rock Doctor
10-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Some little clips of some of the Grizzlies that we had the opertunity to see, on our last trip out. Some clips are, of course, of the same bear, at different times. There were some bears that we saw so many times that we came to recognize them pretty quick. The sow with 2 small cubs (wow, were those ever pretty cubs), the sow with 3 older cubs (she has a huge gut on her), there were at least 4 different lone males that kept cropping up. I don't have much footage from each encounter, as we moved on once a bear showed up. Some clips are a little out of focus, becouse the camera was zoomed in as much as possible at the time.
At one point we found ourselves, literally, surounded. We were setup along one spot, and the sow with 2 cubs ambled out of the trees just upstream of us, we spooled up and started to head downstream, but sow with 3 cubs came around the corner towards us. We paused to discuss our options, and noticed a very large Black Bear at our backs, in the trees. Crossing at that point on the river was not really an option, but became less of an option when a smaller Black was noticed directly across from us. End result was a cautious walk out of the area, angling between the sow with 3 and the big Black, while loudly discussing the weather we were having:shock:.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVWBBre8A0g

RD

308BAR
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Great footage! Up close and personal.

bruin
10-30-2007, 02:55 PM
WOw, cool footage, where were you fishing? Roughly.

Phil
10-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Thats gotta be your best footage yet RD. It is amazing how easily those bears catch fish. Thanks for sharing.

Freshtracks
10-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Very nice footage RD .... they all from the Bella Coola river? Wondering if you guys tried the A. How's the Samsung holding out? Damn tough to find one.

Sharkey
10-30-2007, 08:50 PM
That was awesome! I'm grateful that you have footage like that to show people like me who would have filled my pants and passed out at the first sign of tracks in the mud!
~D

WoodOx
10-30-2007, 09:00 PM
freakin awesome clips

That grizz in the firepit might be in trouble?

Rock Doctor
10-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey, Thanks guys.

bruin;
WOw, cool footage, where were you fishing? Roughly.

The start of the Bella Coola River, and area ;).

Freshtracks;
Very nice footage RD .... they all from the Bella Coola river? Wondering if you guys tried the A. How's the Samsung holding out? Damn tough to find one.

If the "A" is what I think it is, then yes, we did try it and it was good, better than the Bella Coola:-).
The Samsung is doing well, even managed to drop it in the river once:eek:, still works. Maybe it's just me, but the picture does not seem as clear/crisp as it used to be, I'm thinking that I might just have to Format my memory cards, but I don't know for sure (maybe I just need to clean my lenses more often:roll:)

agaucher;
freakin awesome clips

That grizz in the firepit might be in trouble?

In the time we were there, we only had one Black, and one Grizz come up and investigate the Campground. From what I saw, it looked like MOST campers were pretty good about leaving food or other attractants around the campsite. That Grizz in the firepit could smell something, but I don't think he got anything. He'll be OK, he was pretty polite and never bothered us, just passed through.

RD

pitdog
10-31-2007, 11:39 AM
Great video. Some good looking bears.

Plincker
11-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Awesome Video RD!!! Great choice of music too!!

Will
11-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Nice Footage...Thanks for the look:-D

Elkhound
11-15-2007, 10:29 AM
nice footage as usual Kyle. thumbs up