PDA

View Full Version : Salmon fishing off Southern Vancouver Island.

Marc
03-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Well we went fishing off the southern section of Vancouver Island and only manage to catch 3 ling cod which we had to release because the season wasn't open and a bass. Friends of mine in another boat managed to hook a few salmon but were to small to keep. All in all it was a good day on the water.

Marc.

Marc
03-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Here is a picture of our day yesterday. That's moosenuts in the picture(his boat)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/miscpic/fishing%20rig.jpg

black 'n blue
03-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Marc is that Becher Bay looking back towards Fraser Island??

Marc
03-06-2005, 08:47 PM
How could you figure that out just by looking at a picture of water and Islands?

black 'n blue
03-06-2005, 09:44 PM
I've fished out there a few times and the veiw looked pirty familiar. Won't be too long and the "columbians " will be running.:smile:

Marc
03-06-2005, 09:48 PM
We probably had a dozen or so hits but just couldn't seem to set the hook fast enough that day. Moosenuts took me out in his boat hoping that we might luck into some salmon but not that day. I've never caught a salmon in my life so I'm a little ancious to see one pulled out of the water. Maybe next time.

Marc.:confused:

black 'n blue
03-06-2005, 09:53 PM
It can be pretty hot and cold out there. Good one day, dead the next. You won't believe how strong a fish can be when you hook into you're first big spring. They will start around May.