PDA

View Full Version : Moose recipe - bound to be a good'er

Sharkey
10-22-2007, 08:44 PM
I found this as I was looking up moose recipes... too funny!

1 Moose - antlers removed
8 gallons ketchup
5 1/2 gallons "Bob's Moose Marinade"
1 tablespoons dry mustard
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
3 six packs of beer

*Make sure moose is dead
*Put moose on skewer or in a very very very large skillet
*Cook over medium-high heat until done - about 9 days. Baste occasionally with above ingredients mixed together (minus beer)
*Drink the beer
*Serve moose with Potatoes Anna and an Asparagus Souffle

newhunterette
10-22-2007, 08:52 PM
oh SharKey that is heading into the HBC cook book for sure lol

Ali

kaptkannon
10-23-2007, 02:18 AM
Actually, I think that recipe was already in the Roadkill cookbook back in the late 80's. You are to use a 45 galloon oil drum with the top cut off.

Sharkey
10-23-2007, 06:38 AM
Actually, I think that recipe was already in the Roadkill cookbook back in the late 80's. You are to use a 45 galloon oil drum with the top cut off.

Without a doubt - I'm sure it was. First time I have seen it and did I laugh!!!!

elkdom
10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Going back about 12 years ago a group of (HUNTERS) around the Dawson Creek area became the focus point of a huge investigation of serious wildlife violations,and tresspass issues,etc the ivestigation went on for several years and resulted in a couple of hundred convictions and some very lengthly prohibitions and some huge fines!! IT was rumoured that while these guys cooled their heels and paid thier fines they seen 'THE LIGHT', supposedly they got together and wrote a cook book, the title was if I can remember correctly ( THE POUCE COUP'E COOK BOOK (how to poach almost everything!)now I find the title a little amusing but the result sounds a little bland!!

sparkes3
11-30-2007, 05:52 PM
dont forget to add two rabbits if company is coming

oldtimer
12-01-2007, 03:48 PM
3 6 packs ain't going to get the job done!! Mike