PDA

View Full Version : Who shoots Crows?

Schutzen
02-27-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm looking into a .17 HMR or Mach2 for Crow shooting. Does anyone here go after them.
I guess if we want to help out waterfowl you should cap as many of em as you can. Between them and coons or fox they kill the most Ducks and Geese.

Dirty
02-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Freakin' rights, I was looking into that because they have a long season and no bag limit. Saw some guys do it last year and they had a blast. They were out all day shooting. Sound like a pile of shooting and a bit of a challenge because crows can be pretty cagey. Why not shoot them with a shot gun instead of a varmint style rifle? You can call em in with calls and decoys and such.

Marc
02-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Sea gulls pray on ducklings something fierce especially the coastal ducks.

If I'm not mistaken you can only shoot crows over cultivated land to protect crops with permission from the land owner to do so. I'd becarefull if you were just planing to go in the woods and try and pop a few crows as it would then be ilegal.

Marc.

Blacktail
02-27-2005, 06:49 PM
According to the BC hunting Synopsis ;

Schedule C contains animals that may be captured or killed at any time in the provinceThese mostly introduced species are detrimental to property and native wildlife.Hunting these species requires a hunting licence if they are not destroying property,or you are off of your property.

Included in Schedule C are;

all species of the genus Corvus - crows, except Corvus corax - common raven

hope this helps

Schutzen
02-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Marc
Are you getting mixed up tween your east coast wet coast regs? LOL

Rob
03-02-2005, 12:47 AM
crows i think are open season, ravens are protected. Seagulls(even if fed fishin weights wapped in bread/ or given antacids) is illegal though, i think.

Barracuda
03-02-2005, 09:22 PM
raven have an open season . it is in the regs . crows you can shoot almost everywhere anytime. and yes i shoot crows:grin:

Schutzen
03-03-2005, 06:36 AM
Yep there are places you can shoot a Raven, used to be a few mu's on the Island where you could take up to ten I think have'nt checked that out latey tho.

file2000
03-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Shot crows and then what to do with crow? Is their meat eatable?

Rhys
03-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Damn i wish you could shoot them in Burnaby! there is millions of them every night around BCIT just as it is getting dark!

Rhys

MB_Boy
03-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Damn i wish you could shoot them in Burnaby! there is millions of them every night around BCIT just as it is getting dark!

Rhys

Yes....my office is right out there and you could have a hay day in that area. Just like clockwork right now around 5:30 or so...it is one hell of a strange sight.

Amphibious
03-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Crows are surprisingly tough critters. out of your two choices take the HMR. the M2 is overrated crap. I shot quite a few last summer. .22LR Velocitors work well inside 60yrds

Schutzen
03-04-2005, 07:11 AM
file2000
Its pest eradication, people trap rats but don't eat them.
Shooting crows is along the same line, do a search on them and read about the harm they do to wildlife let alone anything else!
Problem is there are way too many of them and no predators to speak of unless we trim them down a bit.