PDA

View Full Version : Tracking systems? The good The bad The ugly?

Sniper
02-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Anybody have any thoughts on which hound tracking system is tops? Which systems are to be avoided? I have been reading on Shadetree about tracking systems and generaly the majority seems to be with Quick Track none seem to have it all but Quick Track appears to be well regarded. Only draw back with Quick Track and most others is they are manufactured in the U.S. are there any Canadian made or sold in Canada tracking systems? Thanks for all comments and help. Ken

Barracuda
02-24-2005, 08:28 PM
even the canadian govt gets most of their stuff from down south (I have a list of their suppliers and frequencies) The companies in canada are very exspensive and are really geared towards research .

I have johnson collers and i use an alinco jdx10 (bit more sensitive than an icom) i can track any frequency with it .
I make my own yagi antennas as per freq. there is lots of info out there on radio telemetry (foxhunting) . I also have old ats collers (one still works so so) but i am much happier with the Johnsons the biggest problem is shipping .
It takes along time

Nait Hadya
02-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Ben very happy with the Wildlife and their changeable battery collars. Hunting in the foothills I have been able to track as far away as ten miles. The pricing is similar from most places,the shipping cost vary considerably.