PDA

View Full Version : Quesnel 2 day indoor shoot

willyqbc
02-23-2005, 10:50 PM
So who all is heading up this week-end for the 2 day indoor here in Quesnel? I'll post some highlights Saturday night and a wrap -up on Sunday!:D

Chris

3kills
02-24-2005, 04:28 AM
chris good luck and have a good shoot....

Marc
02-24-2005, 06:14 AM
Dont forget to wear your HBC hat! ;)

willyqbc
02-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Thanks Darcy! I'll do my best!

Marc.... if you'd hurry up with those new camo ones, I'd have one that is actually clean enough for people to read!!:-? However I will strategically display my bow case with my HBC sticker showing!! :lol:
Chris

oldtimer
02-24-2005, 07:45 PM
:cool: How did you get your sticker so soon and I didn't get mine ??????? Chris we can figure out how many points you are going to give me on the weekend. the handi-cap system seemed to work ok in vanderhoof and you have the advantage of me vibrating all over the place since I became a non-smoker

Mooseman
02-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Hi Chris,
I'll be coming with (hopefully) the kids. They had a bad bug the last few days. 100+ themp and over the toilet all night.

What time should we be there ?

Where is it ?

How many targets are you going to have from each shooting position ? (I was asked to ask).

Mooseman

PS: Did you get that Black Rhino bow yet?

willyqbc
02-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Hey Michael, sorry to hear your kids are feeling poorly...hope they feel better in time for the shoot!

The shoot will be held out at the Gamache arena (same as last year). It is located a short way down the Old Prince george Highway and there will be signs posted.

The shoot will be a 10 station course with 2 targets per station for a total of 20 targets per round. It will be shot twice on Saturday with an option of a $5 third round (best 2 out of 3 will count). It will be shot twice on Sunday as well. Shooting starts at 9 am saturday I believe! Hope to see you all there!

Chris

PS the black rhino has not showed up yet.... should be soon

Mooseman
02-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks Chris,

So far the kids are in good shape again and want to come along very much. So we'll leave here at about 7:00 that will get us to the shoot at about 8:30 to 8:40 with a quick stop for a double double.

See you then,

Mooseman

swamper
02-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Looking forward to the shoot this weekend. Yes Marc I will be wearing my HBC hat. One of my decals is going on my bow case, and another on the back of my camper.
Hey Chris, I got a call from Brian in WL and he will be here tomorrow and wants to shoot with us. Brother Layton won't be there. Too caught up in the truck strike. :frown::frown:

willyqbc
02-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Well heres a quick update on how my clan and friends are doing after day one!

Swamper - 167/400 in the traditional category, it was a tough,long course for the trad shooters and all the scores were quite low.

Alex (my daughter - 6 yrs old) - in her first shoot since she picked up the bow again shot a 61/400 with her stick bow and had a great time!!

Michael was shooting like a house on fire posting a score of 274/400 to lead not only his category, but all cubs categories!

Oldtimer posted a score of 337/400 to find himself comfortably in the middle of the pack! He also hit a money spot and will be in the shoot off for the money tommorrow!

Mrs Oldtimer shot her first ever shoot and being a traditional shooter on a very tough course....well....she had fun and learned a bit about 3d!!

Sammy99 shot VERY well her first shoot back posting a score of 353/400 to lead all womens categories by a sizeable margin. Only way she's gonna lose this one is if she loses her release again!!:-P

And me, I shot pretty well, but not good enough on this day, finding myself 10 points out of the lead with a 372/400:cry: :cry: ....ah well got my work cut out for me tommorrow!! On an up note I will also be shooting for the money tommorrw as I hit a money spot as well!!

I will post up some final results tommorrow!!

Chris

oldtimer
02-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Well a great day was held by all and yes Mrs. Oldtimer ( barb ) had a great time even if this archery is more frustrating than when she took up golf !!:roll: So now that I hit a money spot I will have the pleasure :shock: of shooting against a former B.C. champ, he may have placed in the nationals as well, and Willy who if he doesn't get a 10 every time figures it is a bad day. Me, I am just happy to hit the target.:grin: Well we will see how steady this old fart can be. The way it is going now Chris beats the hell outta me, Sammy 99 blows my doors off, I just hope I can keep up to the Grandkids.:? Will report later on how Mr and Mrs Oldtimer did. Mike!

3kills
02-27-2005, 03:45 AM
sounds like a good first day for the bunch of ya...

willyqbc
02-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Well it was another good day of shooting here in Quesnel (as if theres such a thing as a bad one!)

Swamper struggled in his first round but pulled it together for a respectable effort in his second! As always he was a whole bunch of fun to shot with!!

Oldtimer stumbled a wee bit today posting slightly lower scores and finishing middle of the pack with a 667/800 good shooting Pop! Oh, and he did not beat the national champ for the money in the spot shoot!:grin:

I made up some ground on the leaders but not enough to crack the top 3, finishing 4th, 8 points out of first with a total of 746/800. i also did not beat the same national champ in my shoot-off!!:grin:

Alex only shot one round today but had fun none the less!

Sammy99 ran into some serious equipment problems midway through her second round today and was unable to finish her last 8 targets. luckily she had built up enough of a lead that she still won her division by 10 points and was the high scoring lady overall. She shot 652/800 Well done babe!! :grin:

Michael ran up against some stiff competition today in the form of a young fellow who put up a couple very impressive rounds today. Fortunately he had a lead from yesterday and rose to the challenge shooting over 300 for the first time on 40 targets ending the shoot with a first place ribbon and score of 576/800!! Pretty proud of him as always!!

........and a good time was had BY ALL!!!!

Chris

3kills
02-27-2005, 06:13 PM
way to go guys and girls...

Mooseman
02-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Congratulation to all but especially to Sammy99 and Michael for some outstanding shots.
Fantastic shoot !!!
We had tons of fun and the kids had a blast. We'll be back !

Just a very positive comment Chris. Last year at the other indoor shoot I hit the money spot twice and got some $$. What I didn't know is that I should have gotten 2x the amount that I was given at the time. Well today (one year later) the gentleman that looked after that last year came up to me, apologized and gave me the rest of the money! What a true gentleman!

See you at the next shoot,

Mooseman

willyqbc
02-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Great to hear that all was made right in the end Michael!! Also glad to hear that you guys had a good time!! I'm sure we will cross paths many times this year as we always do, just now we wil be a whole lot more familiar with one another!! Are you guys thinking about coming down for the Broken Arrow 2 day shoot on the easter week-end?

Chris

Mooseman
02-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Chris, it was good both days. Just a little easier today for us on the dark side (stick bow shooters) as Swamper can confirm I am sure.

We would love to come but we'll do a family holiday since the boys will have two weeks off. We'll hook up the holiday trailer and go to visit houndoger and leftcoast.
Due to work after that I don't know what shoots we can make. But we'll see you and your very nice family again soon.

Greetings from PG,
Mooseman

oldtimer
02-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Yes it was a great couple of days. Mrs oldtimer had a ball and will be back. It was a personal best for me so feel good about that. The shoot off was good too, all i wanted to do was hit the scoring rings and i did that. Didn't think I would beat the Canadian champ, he is like a machine, great shooter and a nice guy. Now will wait for the Broken arrow shoot. Sorry I didn't get to meet you Mooseman, maybe at a later shoot. Glad you had fun. :biggrin: Mike

oldtimer
02-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Mooseman the only people I consider from the dark side are the ones shooting those bows with a name that starts with H and ends in T. gotta lotta respect for you traditionalists. Mike

sammy99
02-28-2005, 07:08 AM
Pop:

As soon as you can beat the bow "from the dark side" you can feel free to ridicule it:-D !!!! Hardy har har. If you ever shoot one, you will stop the heckling..I thought you were old AND wise!!!!

Congrats on your personal best, by the way:grin: .

Sam

oldtimer
02-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks Sam. but I think my 667 did beat your bow from the dark side:razz: . yuk yuk yuk. You can't use equipment failure as an excuse. he he he.;-) In all seriousness you were shooting great until that bow from the dark side malfunctioned. get it fixed and we will see at the next shoot.I must say it was the prettiest bow there this weekend.:mrgreen: POP

Mooseman
02-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Oldtimer Mike,
thanks for the compliments to the traditional shooters. We need to hear that!!! That is what keeps us going. Especially in a moment like yesterday when I missed two whole animals while everyone is looking.

But you guys have my respect! Correct me if I am wrong, but there was three generations of your family shooting out there? Way to go !

Mooseman

PS: I am sure we'll get to talk to you next time.