PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all!

Frank
10-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Started reading this site a year and a bit ago.I've read every post,studied every picture and purchased all the recommended gear. Credo,my black lab is now a year old.I got out to the Pitt Marsh on opening day. I waited late,8:30 AM to get out for the first time so as to not to impose on all of those who have provided me with such a wealth of information.I got off 6 shots and didn't hit a dam thing.I had a great time! Thanks to all the info I knew to exspect the beaver dam,and how to stay warm dry and comfortable,dekes,shot size and so much more.This is my first post and I have no questions because they were all answered in previous posts.All other information can only be obtained by going out and doing.(you watch my next post will be a question)So thanks to all.....The adventure begins.P.S. Next saterday the guy holding up the show and getting in way...ya thats me.:eek:

.308win
10-11-2007, 08:51 PM
That's how I started out! Now seems every other day I have a new question!....Wellcome aboard!!

Perry

Dano
10-11-2007, 08:58 PM
This saturday will be a lot better. Lots more birds around, mostly widgeon.
Good to hear you have a dog!
Dan

dime
10-12-2007, 02:52 PM
The part of bird hunting that troubles most newbies is shooting proficiency. I started trap, skeet and sporting clay shooting at the Richmond Gun Club ( and other locations) to improve my skills before I ever took a shot at a bird. Still miss a few, but putting a few hundred shells through my shotgun on moving targets each year sure helps.

Ian F.
10-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Frank,

Welcome..

Were you in the siliver boat with the red stripe and a johnson off the back?

Ian