PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a moose prime rib recipe?

Wildman
10-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Does anyone have a moose prime rib recipe that they would like to share?

3kills
10-09-2007, 11:30 PM
yup slap it on the barbque lil bit of bb sauce just before its done take off and eat with spuds

Gateholio
10-10-2007, 12:06 AM
As long as it isn't a real tough moose, I treat it like beef...

Make up a marinade/paste

Get some fresh parsley, fresh rosemary, a handfull of garlic, a couple of good chugs of balsamic vinegar, a couple of ounces of olive oil, and some coarse salt...

Put it all in your food processor and blend it up into a paste.

Take a big sheet of saran wrap out, plop some of the paste on it, and then put the prime rib on. slather the rest of it all over the meat. Wrap up tihtly and put it in the fridge for a day.

I like to roast it in the the oven for a bit, so the marinade crusts up a bit, the remove and put it on indirect heat on the BBQ. I heat up the left side, put wood chis in a pan on the right side, put foil on the right grill, poke holes in the foil and place the meat on top, to finish cooking and give it a smokey flavour.:cool:

Bow Walker
10-10-2007, 08:38 AM
I was going to suggest a dry rub recipe but I like Clarke's so much that I won't bother.

Did you get this one Ali? Too late for publication?

newhunterette
10-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Got it :) - not too late but close - we are in tail end of the process

Gateholio
10-27-2007, 06:33 PM
What do you mean, You "got it?"

That's not a real recipe. :eek:

Dirty
10-27-2007, 06:55 PM
-Nana's Moose Ribs-

2 cups - Ketchup
1/4 cup- vinegar
1 cup - brown sugar
2 tsp Worchester Sauce
1 tsp prepared mustard
2 med onions diced
2 cups of water- add more as needed

Mix all ingredients together except for water and onions in a bowl.
Take ribs and wash them in cold water with salt in it.
Trim excess fat off of the ribs
Take a Dutch oven (or pot with lid) and place ribs in it.
Cover with ingredients from bowl
Add onions on top
pour water in
place in oven for 3 +/- hours, keep an eye on it
Add more water if necessary
Note: This recipe helps tenderize up ribs that are a little on the tough side. I usually eat the meat off the bone with a fork and knife as it is very juicy. Make sure you warm your plates before serving as cold plates make cold ribs and cold ribs suck!

Dirty
10-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Ooops I noticed it says prime rib now....but I will leave it up because I am sure somebody will find it useful.

Tanya
10-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Unless it is tough I would definitely use a dry rub, and bbq over indirect heat until internal temp of 130F Allow to stand covered for 10 minutes before slicing.