PDA

View Full Version : 2nd day of the season

mattchu_19
10-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Well me and my brother(Crazy_Farmer) went this morning to our same duck hole and shot another 8 ducks- 6 mallards and two more drake woodies. lots of geese flying around due to some guys skybusting in another field so I think we wil be goose hunting tommarrow, Will have to see how deadly the DSD's are.

Dano
10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Way to go, there seem to be a lot more woodies around for the opener. The few that we saw didn't come into the dekes but one nice drake gave us a flyby.
I didn't get out, 'ol Dan bailed on me because he figured the weather report was for heavy rain and he figured there weren't enough birds around to spend the morning out there. Next week I have a full blind, can't wait!
Dan

Crazy_Farmer
10-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Yep I think the weather report keep alot of guys at home. The main other shooting area on the opening, there wasnt a single shot from it today. We were about the only group close out this morning we could hear and it was great weather. Just a bit of wind and only rained for about 5 minutes then it was nice the rest of the time. We've got a field set up for tomorrow morning that has 200 geese sitting in it right now, so we'll see how it goes.

MooseNuts
10-07-2007, 07:46 PM
We just got back. It was the same as the opener. TEAL EVERYWHERE!!! Along with all the greens I managed a blue too. I heard a gaggle or 2 of geese so hopefully I can down some of them in the near future.

fuzzwilkens
10-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I went out this morning and got a couple mallards as well. The weather pretty good in the end until about 11am when it started raining sideways which presented some interesting pass shooting but I was done by that time.