PDA

View Full Version : Flock of Flickers,,,,,do you like 'em?

mastercaster
01-20-2020, 03:52 PM
I just purchased a pack (6) of them, as opposed to a mojo because both the guys I hunt with have 1-2 mojos already. The F of F's aint cheap but I have a friend who's a hard core water fowler who's hunted with them and he says they definitely helped to attract the birds so I thought I'd do my part to help our chances by getting some.

The reviews on the original ones aren't great, not because they don't help to bring birds in because they do but because they often stop working due to water/moisture getting into the mechanism. As far as I know the company (Mojo) has rectified the problem. Sure hope so.

So you people who own them or have hunted with them as part of your decoy spread,,,,, what do you think of them?

https://youtu.be/L9MP_Dc1ZTQ

Bubbacanuck
01-20-2020, 04:19 PM
It doesn't sound like Mojo has released the new version yet. On their website for this item, it states they are still working on improving them

walks with deer
01-20-2020, 05:42 PM
looks pretty awesome i would use them before...my first motion was a mallard drake decoy tied to a bungy with a string..poor mans jerk decoy..worked will for pond hunts.

mastercaster
01-20-2020, 06:10 PM
It doesn't sound like Mojo has released the new version yet. On their website for this item, it states they are still working on improving them

Well, at least they're warranting them if they do quit working. Hopefully it won't happen to the ones I've got coming my way.

ZacNap
01-20-2020, 08:11 PM
looked into them ....then lucky ducks went on sale and we run anywhere from 2 to 8...

Foxton Gundogs
01-20-2020, 08:51 PM
The are an updated version of the Wing Things we used for years,they are different and used differently than Robos. We run 2 doz on certain hunts. no problems so far

mastercaster
01-20-2020, 10:50 PM
The are an updated version of the Wing Things we used for years,they are different and used differently than Robos. We run 2 doz on certain hunts. no problems so far

Have they just been used on field shoots, Jim? I would imagine there would be fewer mechanical break downs when used on land compared to water ,,,,but that's just a guess on my part.

mastercaster
01-20-2020, 10:51 PM
looked into them ....then lucky ducks went on sale and we run anywhere from 2 to 8...

I didn't know Lucky Duck made a spinner. Any issues with them when used on water?

Foxton Gundogs
01-20-2020, 11:17 PM
Used for both field and water, no issues so far.

ZacNap
01-21-2020, 10:33 AM
I didn't know Lucky Duck made a spinner. Any issues with them when used on water?
They make a waterproof one Lucky Duck HDI i put it ahead of the mojo spinners

mastercaster
01-21-2020, 12:16 PM
They make a waterproof one Lucky Duck HDI i put it ahead of the mojo spinners

I think you're confusing a "robo" mechanical duck decoy with the flicker/spinners I'm asking about. maybe not,,,,,but this is what the flickers look like. I grabbed this photo off the net. They really don't light up like the photo shows.

https://i.imgur.com/X1fsVTw.jpg

Dutch
01-25-2020, 11:54 PM
I have them used them last 2 years never even put batteries in them this year.More stuff to haul didnt think the they made that big of a differance . But they did still all work .Bent the shafts a few times but they straightend out ok.My .02 cheers