PDA

View Full Version : Big Day Tomorrow

MooseNuts
09-30-2007, 06:03 PM
The season opener is one mere sleep and a days work away. The decoys are ready, the dog is in prime retrieving shape and the ol 870 is good to go. The Exploder is packed so I can make a hasty get away after work. I should be able to be hunting around 1630 tomorrow. Hopefully I will have some good pics to post.

The only down side to everything is that my new waders haven't arrived yet.......I guess its a possible soaker and a change of clothes for the cause.

Jamie

Dano
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Good luck on the opener! Post any pics you can and good or bad, tell us about your hunt.
Dan
P.S. I haven't bought my new waders yet either... I just get a slow leak below the knee on my right foot, waters not too cold yet but I better get them this week. I need a new jacket too!

MooseNuts
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
All in all the opener was a good one. We ended up with 14 Green Winged Teal, 1 Pintail and 1 Gadwall. I took a buddy with me today who has never waterfowled before. He managed to connect on his first shot.....he says he is hooked for life.

The Teal were every where. I have never seen so many at once. They were continually bombing our spread of mallards. If the dog was in the water or we were BSing they just wouldn't stop.

Zoey, my lab, did awesome. She had a couple of doubles to deal with that she handled quite well.

We did learn a good lesson. Rubber boots, duct tape and rain pants don't make the best waders!!!

I'll post the only 2 pics in the gallery. Too much excitement forgot to use the camera!!

Jamie

shoot to kill
10-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Dano, go to a hardware store and get some plasti-dip. They use the stuff for coating handles on tools. Paint your seams or holes with it. The waders won't leak again. It is a lot cheaper than new waders and plus, the new ones will just get holes in them sooner or later.

Dano
10-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Way to go! We had a lot of teal buzzing the marsh on the weekend too but none came within range. Tough to hit, you guys did well to bag 14
I'll post the pics here for you.
Dan
P.S. STK, My waders have lots of goop already, it's been 3 years with these so I'm treating myself to a new pair!:-D

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Copy_of_Picture_2194.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Picture_2195.jpg

MooseNuts
10-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Thanks for posting those pics.

When we moved I tossed old ones. They were 8 years old and had a ton of holes. I ordered a pair of Columbia Wigeons from Omineca Source for Sports. I think that they got hung up at the border. I hope they are here before the weekend.