PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a good spot

Ardent
02-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I want to find a new little fishing spot, freshwater, within 3 hours of the lower mainland, for some fly and spincast. I wan't to get "out of the way" a little. Anyone point me in the right direction? So far, I like Saint Marie's lake on Saltspring Island and Silverhope Creek just before Hope for a early start day trip/overnight, but I'd like to hear some good options! And it has to be open on Feb. 24th :)

Kirby
02-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Well if your willing to come up to kamloops area, lots of good flyfishing around here, most likely a bit far though, if you are interested in kamloops area I'll give you some directions to local lakes, and streams.

Oh wait, Never saw the before feb 24, not gonna happen here, but if you want for the summer let me know

Kirby

3kills
02-16-2005, 04:45 AM
same here if u want some good spots to fish in the summer there is lots of good lakes in the merritt area our town motto is a lake a day as long as u stay...

Mulie_Hunter
02-16-2005, 11:16 AM
nothing around here till at least mid march

Sorry bud

love the woods
02-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I know of a great lake but you cant get in there till the end of april so i guess i will give it up then.Its about an hour and 15 minutes outside of agassiz.

SteadyGirl
02-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Ardent->Eaton Lk (sometimes called Crescent) has GREAT trout fishing. Go up silverhope road 40k, park your truck and hike for three hours. A great little trail, beauty lake and well worth the hike. I'm no excelent fisherwoman and I limited out each day over three days :biggrin:

Minx

Schutzen
02-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Minx

I'm no excelent fisherwoman and I limited out each day over three days :biggrin:

Glad we cleared that up! LOL

love the woods
02-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Minx i have also been to that lake.We took our float tubes ,bags ,beer and tents.On the water every second cast was a fish on.My brother fished from shore and also limited out.Being about 30 lbs over weight,took me about 4 hours.10 of us went up so i will blame it on them for taking so long.Minz is right ,great lake

Fred
02-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Might I suggest that a couple of you get together and hire a float plane and hit some of the lakes just north of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows. There are several lakes up there that any good pilot could reccommend and often as not one has o hide behind a bush to bait ones hook. It is nowhere near as expensive as you might think. Fred

Ardent
03-31-2006, 05:33 PM
Might I suggest that a couple of you get together and hire a float plane and hit some of the lakes just north of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows. There are several lakes up there that any good pilot could reccommend and often as not one has o hide behind a bush to bait ones hook. It is nowhere near as expensive as you might think. Fred

Hah! Fred, you're a shooter. It's Angus ;) I should fly up to one of those lakes for a day of fishing. Need to do my floats.

NEEHAMA
03-31-2006, 06:22 PM
ardent, i would like to check out that lake on salt spring island. is it a bitch getting there? more than one ferry etc? can you camp right on this lake? i'm all about fishing trout on the islands. a lot of people forget that you can spend a few hours on a ferry to get away vs three plus hours driving like mad in your truck up country. i'll take the mini cruise myself . i wonder if this lake has ice on it? is it good fishing this time of year?

plumbob
03-31-2006, 07:03 PM
There's a good little lake just about 20 mins from agassiz that is stocked it's a great place to go with fly or spin cast.pm me Ardent and Il'll give you directions.

Fred
04-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Shucks, a half hour in a Cessna 180 will put you at Raven lake just north of Maple Ridge and one can't help but to limit out on that lake. Or one could drive in to Woods lake on the west side of Harrison Lk and try that little pond just as you turn in towards the main site! ;-) There is another very good fly in lake on the east side of the Pitt but I can't remember the name at the moment. It is close to Tingle Lk(which is dead) and I think is called Wilson Lk? Darned short term memory! :???: Fred

Ardent
04-09-2006, 09:37 AM
ardent, i would like to check out that lake on salt spring island. is it a bitch getting there? more than one ferry etc? can you camp right on this lake? i'm all about fishing trout on the islands. a lot of people forget that you can spend a few hours on a ferry to get away vs three plus hours driving like mad in your truck up country. i'll take the mini cruise myself . i wonder if this lake has ice on it? is it good fishing this time of year?

Easy to get to, just the one ferry over from the mainland. :) No ice, ever, in my experience as it's a VERY warm lake, and not much in the way of camping, as it is a somewhat cottaged area. There's bass and trout there, so the bass fishing is a blast if you don't get to do much of it. Fishing is best during spring :)

lapadat
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Check out Lake of the Woods (Schkam) just outside of hope. Also, look at Elbow Lake (up chehalis way), Blue Lake (just past Boston Bar), Hicks and Moss up Harrison East. After you've fished them, come to me for more.

Lapadat

cwocarsten
04-29-2006, 11:35 PM
I have a cabin on Hatheume Lake between Merritt & Kelowna. The fish run up to 11 lbs on fly only. Hard lake to fish but I have seen some people rake em in 3-5 lb range in late May - June. Chronomids I think. But I would rather troll so I can hold onto my beer. Check it out at www.hatheume.com (http://www.hatheume.com) My cabin is one of 23 cabins and half of us rent. Cabin 14 sleeps 10, has full kitchen, BBQ on deck 25ft from the lake, H/C water, shower/tub, dvd/vhs player for rainy days, etc.

Ardent
05-08-2006, 05:19 PM
More great info, thanks guys!

sparkymacker
05-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Hathume can definately be good when it is on, but frustrating when it is not. The fish are always jumping, whether they are biting or not. I have gotten one 5lbs plus out of there a few years ago and some nice smaller ones. We are having a big party up there in early June, hopefully the ice is off by then.