PDA

View Full Version : Oldest buck I`ve ever seen

sawmill
02-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Been watching this old guy for a couple years now and this fall he finally gave up the ghost,probably within a week of taking this photo but I couldn`t find him till a few weeks ago.I found the complete horns and head and his teeth are worn right off.I`m guessing he is pushing 14yrs.-15?The pic is from Nov. 30,this past fall.He took a terrible beating from a 170,ish 4 pnt. a week before.He was blind in both eyes after that.I would have put him down but I figured the bullshit would be too much.He was one of the Kimberly town bucks.You should see some of his sons and grandsons!

huntersdad
02-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey Sawmill

Cool story. People talk about mossy horn bucks but that deer is truely regressing in the horn dept. He looks like a old stuffed deer mount.
A oldtimer was telling me the story of his biggest buck, it was a spike. 12" spikes on a blacktail would look kinda wierd.
Great story again.

Mulie_Hunter
02-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Greay story Sawmill, That is without a doubt the oldest deer I've ever seen! Huntersdad is right he does look like an old stuffed deer mount.

sawmill
02-15-2005, 01:55 PM
I have a photo of him last year where he has a 15in. droptine,you can tell where it got broke off this fall,but I have to get my wife to resize it ,then I`ll send it up.

Thunderstix
02-15-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure even burger would have been the answer with that oldtimer.