PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops upland help!

zaconb
09-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I will be in Kamloops for three days the end of October and was thinking of bringing my 2 dogs and gear and try some upland hunting. Can anyone point me in the right direction with-in an hour of Kamloops. Not looking for exact spots or favorite haunts but a town name, exit, general direction, North, South…
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Rick

Buck
09-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi Zancomb there are Chukar near Savona which is west of Kamloops not quite an hour i don't think.Not sure which side of the Thompson but there are birds there.You may need boots for the dog as there is a lot of cactus very hard on there feet.

Derek_Erickson
09-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Grouse populations arent that great maybe go out to adams lake somewhere

Sasquatch
09-27-2007, 10:08 PM
I've done ok on grouse near Little Fort, not sure what the populations are like this year.

LeverActionJunkie
09-30-2007, 10:38 PM
I've been having good success in most places this year ( around Kamloops) The Red Lake plateau has been good to me as well as Tunkwa lake area, and up top of Lac DuBois. you shouldn't have much problems with a couple decent bird dogs. There seem to be good #'s around but since I no longer have a bird dog I'm limited to what I can flush or spot on my own :(

zaconb
10-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks to everyone for all the help, it looks like it will be a great trip no matter what!
LeverActionJunkie, I’ll be in the Kamloops area Oct. 23-24 pm me if you want to get together.
Cheers
Rick