3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 thinly sliced large onion
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1-2 cups stock (beef works ok)
1\2 cup flour
salt and pepper
2 tbsp parsley
1\2 cup sour cream

1. Mix the flour with the salt and pepper along with any other seasonings. I often use onion powder, thyme or cayenne pepper.
2. Slice the meat very thin (this is why it helps to be slightly frozen) and dredge it in the seasoned flour.
3. Heat a couple tbsp oil and butter in a large skillet on about medium high. Add the dredged meat to the pan and brown it well. Remove it from the pan.
4. Add more oil and butter if needed to saute the mushrooms, garlic and onion until tender.
5. Add the meat back to the pan and pour in your stock. Allow it to simmer and thicken for about 1\2 hour on medium low heat.
6. Just before serving, add about a half cup of sour cream and heat through. I have also used a can of cream of mushroom soup and it works great too.
7. Serve over hot noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.

3kills
02-13-2005, 12:39 PM
that sounds yummy...goin to have to give it a try one day...

willyqbc
02-13-2005, 04:54 PM
uhhhhh.... hate to tell ya babe, but moose IS venison!!!!:biggrin:

She's a nice girl.....not to bright mind you, but at least she's cute!:razz:

Chris

Marc
02-13-2005, 09:42 PM
OK Sam you got to remember to log your hubby out and log in as yourself before you post or you're going to confuse the heck out of everyone :biggrin:

lip_ripper00
02-13-2005, 11:12 PM
ah ok I thought "I" was missing somthing:p

sammy99
02-13-2005, 11:52 PM
I may not know all my wild meat terms but at least I learned in elementary school the proper use of the words "to" and "too".

Right back atcha babe.:mrgreen:

Sam

Sorry Marc... keep forgetting that!! ......fixed now

oldtimer
02-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Don't worry about it Sam. All the important people know your Brighter, Way better looking, and an awesome cook. Chris, well he is just a good cook when lots of meat is involved.:-D Mike

just-one-shot
02-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks Sammy99 I am going to try that one it sounds good. I think if anyone was a good recipe that they would like to share they should post it.I have a tough time getting the wife and kids to try different things without trying to trick them.

WiserFool
10-24-2005, 03:06 AM
We had it tonight with Whitetail strips. Very good. The kids yummed it up so fast I'll have to make a double batch next time. Thanks for the recipe!

Sikanni Stalker
10-31-2005, 01:39 PM
I have the same recipe and it's awesome, try this too!........replace the sour cream with a brick of cream cheese......whoa!