PDA

View Full Version : First game animal, HELP!

Derp
09-21-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm looking forward to getting my first game animal and I think a nice blackie would do this fall. I just need to get him before the salmon feast starts.

What help I need is some good locations around the lower mainland. I went up to boston bar and saw a nice berry black feeding on the bushes but he spooked and ran for his life.

I live in port coquiltam and as I'm busy with school full time I can't afford to go on anything more than a day hunt.

So if anyone can help a new hunter out, thanks! :D

LOC
09-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Boston Bar is a good area - seen lots of bears around there (both east and west side).

Derp
09-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I've been to scuzzy creek area last time, any particular areas around boston bar? I don't know the area well. I'm not asking for your hotspots just some areas.

And what about the squamish area, anything there?

Once again thanks

LOC
09-21-2007, 02:29 PM
never hunted around squamish - I usually visit Scuzzy when I'm up there. Anderson FSR on the other side is also supposed to be a good area.

kishman
09-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Check out a few of the roads coming off the Coquihalla, I've seen a few bears in the area.

locdog_99
09-21-2007, 03:38 PM
if u can get past the wash out at scuzzy creekk i seen a bunch of bears there 2 weeks ago also i saw a few in anderson

Derp
09-21-2007, 04:33 PM
thanks to everyone for your help, I will head out this or next weekend and hopefully I'll have something to report about :smile:

Mr. Dean
09-21-2007, 04:53 PM
That road I told you about off of the Coq was UNBELIEVABLEY loaded w/ sign (old) when I was in there in the spring.

Really try goin for an entire weekend, heading out Friday after school. You'll learn a lot from an area from spending a little more than a day in it.

Just take the homework with you!

Deerwhacker
09-21-2007, 04:56 PM
I seen alot of bear sign on the east anderson fsr by boston bar, 2 and a half hour drive from pocompton.

browningboy
09-23-2007, 06:10 PM
264th and hwy 1 go to the game farm! Lots of bears in there!:cool:

bsa30-06
09-23-2007, 06:27 PM
That road I told you about off of the Coq was UNBELIEVABLEY loaded w/ sign (old) when I was in there in the spring.

Really try goin for an entire weekend, heading out Friday after school. You'll learn a lot from an area from spending a little more than a day in it.

Just take the homework with you!

then you can tell them a bear ate it.good luck take pics.

Derp
09-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys, Yeh will definatley take some pics. Hopefully next weekend I'll get out.