PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Elk Hunting

garsher
09-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey guys, a bunch of you said that region 4 is good for elk hunting. I was just wondering if you could possibly upload some maps, or directions on where some good spots are. I'm unfamiliar with region 4 as i only have hunted around princeton. It would be very much appreciated.

chevy
09-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Go up towards the bull river you can find elk all over there trust me i know stay on highway 3 and then you turn left after wardner and go up there anywhere in that area is good anyways good luck

garsher
09-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Hey, i just looked at a map of the wardner area, and theres a bunch of provincial parks there. Can you hunt in those? Im guessing yes?

model88
09-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Go up towards the bull river you can find elk all over there trust me i know stay on highway 3 and then you turn left after wardner and go up there anywhere in that area is good anyways good luck

No wonder there where people all over the place up there the last 3 weeks..............

chevy
09-22-2007, 09:41 PM
yeah there is alot of people up there but guess what, thats life!!!! if you would have looked at most of them (no offence to anyone) but 85% of them had alberta plates!!! but sorry model88 im just trying to help out a fellow hunter if you dont like it hunt a different area there is alot of places to hunt in the elk valley not just the bull river??? go up teepee creek the elk are going good up there right now, was there 2 nights ago,, and the whitetails are all over up there!!!!! cheers

Husky7mm
09-22-2007, 09:49 PM
Chevy you have no clue. Please don't bitch when your honey is over run wiht out of towners.Ps Alberta plates are not welcome here with out a BC hunter Host.

garsher
09-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Man, whats with all this hostility? I just wanted to know a good spot, Im new, I have to find out from other people, I dont just want to go somewhere out in the woods and get lost. Plus this is only one of the many spots in bc to find elk.

chevy
09-23-2007, 02:50 PM
quite frankly i do have a clue buddy and honestly i do hunt up the bull river maybe once or twice a year but you know i do have tonnes of other areas i hunt and well if the albertans do have a b.c hunter host all the power to them really i dont care i have my own special areas where absolutely nobody ever goes because most are too lazy to hike that far but hey most of the people up the bull river are road hunting anyways actually i would say probably 90% of them road hunt so if you wanna hike giver

springpin
09-23-2007, 07:05 PM
interesting... I live in region 4, seen many Elk, but no legal shooters...but have heard the Blaeberry is pretty hot right now.

jessbennett
09-23-2007, 08:05 PM
husky 7mm, you think yours is the only region that gets overrun with out of towners??????:roll:

model88
09-23-2007, 09:44 PM
yeah there is alot of people up there but guess what, thats life!!!! if you would have looked at most of them (no offence to anyone) but 85% of them had alberta plates!!! but sorry model88 im just trying to help out a fellow hunter if you dont like it hunt a different area there is alot of places to hunt in the elk valley not just the bull river??? go up teepee creek the elk are going good up there right now, was there 2 nights ago,, and the whitetails are all over up there!!!!! cheers

Holy smokes somebodys gotta lighten up. Was only kidding man easy does it.

garsher
09-25-2007, 03:16 PM
So bull river is good for road hunting? I was kinda looking for more of a hiking zone, Im guessing you could hike bull river if you wanted to?

model88
09-25-2007, 03:30 PM
So bull river is good for road hunting? I was kinda looking for more of a hiking zone, Im guessing you could hike bull river if you wanted to?

The Bull river is a huge area, lots of hunting to be had. Head up start glassing and prepare to hike. The odd bull gets killed by the road just like anywhere else. The Galbraith area is good as well as the upper end towards Munroe lake and all areas in between!

garsher
09-25-2007, 04:07 PM
The Bull river is a huge area, lots of hunting to be had. Head up start glassing and prepare to hike. The odd bull gets killed by the road just like anywhere else. The Galbraith area is good as well as the upper end towards Munroe lake and all areas in between!

Is Galbraith and Munroe lake around bull river? Sorry i'm unfamiliar with the area.

Seeadler
09-25-2007, 04:23 PM
There are elk up the Bull ***** FSR as well (Bull Quinn).
Interesting, apparently you can't write ***** without it being asterixed out. Is it because this is the youth forum or is it forum wide?

Muledeerjohn
09-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Well ill just add into this post anyone try castlegar I her its pretty hot too!! Lol...kootenays is well known fr elk. Use google earth helps wirh finding those old drainages that those big elk are in during the warm days. Be pretty prepared to work fo him though!

Stillhunting
09-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Check out the Lamb creek fire.

kennyg826
09-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Hot topic. No shame in askin for help. Somebody once helped us, remember. General details are always welcome. Specifics, now that's a different story. Best of luck to you in reg. 4 👍

kennyg826
09-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Haha, just noticed this thread started in '07 lol

icecap
09-28-2016, 02:06 AM
There are lots of animals for us hunters to enjoy. I don't know why people are so selfish. Some hunters act like they are desperate for food. Chevy was simply sharing his knowledge with a new hunter.

Elkhunter33
10-18-2016, 09:52 AM
If u haven't shot a bull or mulie yet let's go lol only 2 days left I moved back from alberta lived east Kootenays and have hunted the area for years text me up lol 14039292432 I live in marysville

Elkhunter33
10-18-2016, 10:03 AM
If looking for a bull let's go tomorrow am or tonight lol no jokes I'll put u on something been seeing few bulls watched a 6x5 this am coulda shot it 50times lol but I'm tagged out let me know

Sharpish
10-18-2016, 10:21 AM
You're killing me right now!!!!!! Lol

muliemeat
12-06-2016, 01:14 PM
I agree. The province is open to all hunters regardless of where you come from. There's no such thing as "my spot" and "your spot"; they belong to all of us. I might frequent some areas more than others simply because they are more accessible to me due to the proximity to my house. Anyone is more than welcome to hunt the same area. If you find an area is becoming too crowded, instead of discouraging fellow hunters; find a new area. The animals have most likely vacated that spot anyway. There are hundreds of thousands of acres in this province, there's lots of room.

As for Albertans, welcome to BC! Our hunting lifestyle is directly dependent on conservation and the cost to pay for that conservation comes from the sale of licenses and tags. It costs an Albertan $125 for a deer tag, $250 for an Elk and $1030 for a Grizzly! This money is coming from an outsiders pocket right into the funding of the lifestyle we pride ourselves so deeply in. Also if you're tired of seeing Alberta plates, you're probably seeing lots of BC plates too. My suggestion is to go places on foot where plates can't go. I just moved to the Okanagan and hunted for the first time in region 8 which has HUGE hunting pressure. However, I used google maps found secluded areas, parked my truck and disappeared into the bush for the day and never saw a single person. This year I came out with two deer, two grouse and a rabbit. If you choose the road hunting style I have no issue with it and personally it doesn't make you any less of a hunter; you're using modern tools at your disposal. But be prepared for the company you're going to encounter with that style. I could care less whether you get a deer on foot, tire, hoof, or seat...you're still hunting.

We (hunters) are far outnumbered by our non-hunting brethren and although the lifestyle is gaining in popularity it is still revered by the non-educated. But we (the hunters) know more about, have more respect for and do more towards the conservation of wildlife than our critics could hope for. The last thing we need to do is argue amongst each other about meaningless things like my spot, your spot and hunting styles. We should encourage the growth of our lifestyle, welcome and help new comers. My father in law truck hunts because he has to. He's 70 yrs old with a bad hip and has a hard time walking. He's hunted all his life, but he simply can't do it the way he used to but he won't give it up; it's in his blood. It doesn't make him any less of a hunter and he understands it drops his chances for success but he doesn't care.

By the way, I got my first white-tail buck (I've only been hunting a couple years) in region 8 in late November near Lavington. Head up King Edward Lake FSR and make the first left which at about 2800 ft according to google earth. Hike into some old cuts. It seems the deer are heading down to the farm fields to feed at night and coming back up in the bush to bed in the morning; you can catch them along their commute. Just be careful to observe the private property signs for Coldstream Ranch and other properties. Best of luck.

I'm going to try the alpine for early season mulies in the monashee mountains next year after some summer scouting. Maybe I'll see one of you up there; we can help each other lug out our monsters. Happy hunting!

BgBlkDg
12-06-2016, 01:46 PM
I agree. The province is open to all hunters regardless of where you come from. There's no such thing as "my spot" and "your spot"; they belong to all of us. I might frequent some areas more than others simply because they are more accessible to me due to the proximity to my house. Anyone is more than welcome to hunt the same area. If you find an area is becoming too crowded, instead of discouraging fellow hunters; find a new area. The animals have most likely vacated that spot anyway. There are hundreds of thousands of acres in this province, there's lots of room.

As for Albertans, welcome to BC! Our hunting lifestyle is directly dependent on conservation and the cost to pay for that conservation comes from the sale of licenses and tags. It costs an Albertan $125 for a deer tag, $250 for an Elk and $1030 for a Grizzly! This money is coming from an outsiders pocket right into the funding of the lifestyle we pride ourselves so deeply in. Also if you're tired of seeing Alberta plates, you're probably seeing lots of BC plates too. My suggestion is to go places on foot where plates can't go. I just moved to the Okanagan and hunted for the first time in region 8 which has HUGE hunting pressure. However, I used google maps found secluded areas, parked my truck and disappeared into the bush for the day and never saw a single person. This year I came out with two deer, two grouse and a rabbit. If you choose the road hunting style I have no issue with it and personally it doesn't make you any less of a hunter; you're using modern tools at your disposal. But be prepared for the company you're going to encounter with that style. I could care less whether you get a deer on foot, tire, hoof, or seat...you're still hunting.

We (hunters) are far outnumbered by our non-hunting brethren and although the lifestyle is gaining in popularity it is still revered by the non-educated. But we (the hunters) know more about, have more respect for and do more towards the conservation of wildlife than our critics could hope for. The last thing we need to do is argue amongst each other about meaningless things like my spot, your spot and hunting styles. We should encourage the growth of our lifestyle, welcome and help new comers. My father in law truck hunts because he has to. He's 70 yrs old with a bad hip and has a hard time walking. He's hunted all his life, but he simply can't do it the way he used to but he won't give it up; it's in his blood. It doesn't make him any less of a hunter and he understands it drops his chances for success but he doesn't care.

By the way, I got my first white-tail buck (I've only been hunting a couple years) in region 8 in late November near Lavington. Head up King Edward Lake FSR and make the first left which at about 2800 ft according to google earth. Hike into some old cuts. It seems the deer are heading down to the farm fields to feed at night and coming back up in the bush to bed in the morning; you can catch them along their commute. Just be careful to observe the private property signs for Coldstream Ranch and other properties. Best of luck.

I'm going to try the alpine for early season mulies in the monashee mountains next year after some summer scouting. Maybe I'll see one of you up there; we can help each other lug out our monsters. Happy hunting!

This is among the finest posts I have ever read here and I completely agree!

I am the same age as your dad, bit gimped due to old injuries and I now use my 4x4 far more than I ever did and walk as much as I can. So, yeah, it's about humane kills, use of the meat and respect for the bush and each other.

I ALWAYS help with advice when I meet others in the bush, even in my favourite spots, they are my fellow hunters and have as much right here as I do......well, maybe not RJ ;)!

monasheemountainman
12-06-2016, 01:51 PM
9 year old thread fellas....but yes very nice warm fuzzy pro hunting post MM merry Christmas everyone