PDA

View Full Version : Last day of Early Goose Season

Crazy_Farmer
09-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Well pretty much this week hasn't held great results for me or my brother. We've hunted both weekends and also did some night time flights on the weekdays. We've been waiting for our corn fields to get taken off becuase then all the local geese start coming into it but since it didnt get taken off till last wednesday we've been hopeful this weekend they'd start to come in. Well saturday rolled around and only saw two flocks fly by, some flagging and calling got a single to split off from the flock and cup and come right in. At about 20 yards it somehow dodged all three of my shots and swearing ensued and one frustated hunter was cranky for the rest of the day.

This morning I set up again and not a single honk or sighting of a goose occured. I figured this was probably the worst early season to date. But then my brother got home from Birch Bay and we decided just for fun to set up again for another afternoon hunt. 2 Laydown blinds, 13 GhG fullbodies and a couple cupped and commited flocks equaled to a nice haul.
http://members.shaw.ca/stevensml/hunting/Sept%2016-03_750x1000.jpg

We got two a piece and now for the next 2 weeks we'll get to watch over 300 geese land and sit in our corn fields becuase it'll be inbewteen seasons. I cant think of a better way to end the early season then finally crushing some big ol' honkers.

Dano
09-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Nice going guys!
I was away and your post didn't come up as an unread post, finally saw it.
Thanks for posting the pictures, keep them coming all season!
Dan

Crazy_Farmer
09-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Well the geese have been in our corn field for the last couple days after being shot up on sunday. They start rolling in around 700 and keep coming til 8. All totalled around 350 geese, and about another 50 flew by but didnt land. Pictures dont give them justice its only about half of the numbers here.

Dano
09-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Looks great, just a couple more weeks and then you'll be "whackin' and stackin' " those big boys!
Now I need to go for a drive and check out my fields!
Dan

Crazy_Farmer
09-25-2007, 07:06 AM
I just thought I'd make a post here. My brother and I are thinking about selling all our fullbody Goose decoys becuase we're making the switch to Dave Smith Decoys and I was wondering if there was any interest from you guys. 30 decoys in all. I can get pictures of all of them up later but there 12 GhG Pro-grade Lesser feeders in a 12 slot fullbody duck bag. 6 GHG FFD elite canada feeders, 6 GHG Pro-grade actives and 6 GHG Pro-grade canada Lookers(they dont come in 6 packs anymore only 4)

I put everything up with a picture in the Buy, Sell, Trade section

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=15339