PDA

View Full Version : Williams Lake

willyqbc
02-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Theres a one day indoor shoot in williams lake tommorrow (feb 6). Anyone else going? Swamper, myself, my wife and son will be going. Hopefully we'll see some of you folks there. I will let ya know how it was when we get back.

Chris

willyqbc
02-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Well were back from the Williams Lake indoor. It was both a good and bad day all around. The arena it was held in was very, very cold, but the lighting was an improvement from last year.I believe that if it is this cold next year (-13) we will be giving this shoot a pass as the building does not have adequate heating.
Swamper did quite well for himself posting a high round of 107/150 in his first shoot with a recurve, narrowly missing the shoot-off. Sammy99 had a rough day as her release went missing after the first round, we suspect someone took it but cannot be positive....unfortunate either way. Still, her first round was good enough for 3rd in her category. I had a good day at the line ending up tied for 1st with a high round of 150/160....unfortunately a brain dead yardage judgement dropped me to third in the shoot-off.:oops: My little guy showed us all up today however. There were no kids there in the under 7 category for him to shoot against so we moved Michael up to the 7-13 year old category. Shooting against kids twice his age (he turns 5 in a week) he posted the second highest round of the day with a 112/150, then outshot 3 boys between 8-10 years old in the shoot-off to take first place!! We were pretty proud of him.
Now you good folks are gonna have to forgive me and get used to me braggin on that kid all the time cause I think it could happen a fair bit this year!!:biggrin: ......I can't help it.... I'm the DAD!!:tongue:

Chris

Mooseman
02-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks Chris !
I was thinking of going but all the way from PG for a one day shoot was more then I was willing to do.
I'll definitely bring my two boys to your shoot though. Hope to see all you guys here in PG on the weekend too.

Mooseman

willyqbc
02-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Unfortunately Me and my brood won't be able to make it up for your indoor this year mooseman. It happens to fall on the same week-end as Michaels birthday so we have a big kiddy party to do Sunday. I think a few of the locals will be coming up though, weather permitting.

Chris

PS - PM coming your way

Mooseman
02-07-2005, 12:08 PM
That is understandable. We'll see you on the 26. and 27. in Quesnel then.

Mooseman

PM is on the way back

3kills
02-07-2005, 01:48 PM
chris sounds like a good shoo..congrats to ur boy as well...cant wait to watch him shoot here...

leftcoast
02-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey Chris right on. And a big high 5 to the young one. You can brag on him all you want. Kids are where it is at.

=keith=

swamper
02-07-2005, 11:43 PM
With any luck I will be in PG this weekend with Brian Smith from Williams lake. Will be shooting the recurve. Have to see if i have this baby figured out.
Chris H.

Freshtracks
02-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Way to go Chris...great to see your son pull it off. My next ?....which BC summer games you have him pegged for? He shows a natural talent for his age...might be something there....or is it all dad's fine teachings. Keep up the good work.

willyqbc
02-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Freshtarcks,
Don't think he will be ready for the summer games anytime soon as the archery events are outdoor FITA and the ranges involved outreach his equipment's capabilities. However, he currently shoots 18M FITA indoors and has progressed in his JOP(junior olympian program) to one level below adult standards. He is shooting about 60 points below all time B.C. records for his age group and category right now..... but he will be in that age brackett for another 7 years:eek:. I think a lot of the provincial JOP records are going to be in trouble over the next 5 years!!:lol: As soon as he is old enough, we will give him a shot at the winter games and 18M, but his real passion is 3D and I see a pre-cub provincial and National 3-d title with his name all over it!!:D With the amount of natural talent and ability he shows for archery, i struggle constantly with myself to not push him and just let it be fun for him. Hopefully I am succeeding!

Chris