PDA

View Full Version : Is that possible to buy ammo in US and transport to BC?

file2000
01-31-2005, 02:15 AM
I browsed some ammo websites in US, I found it's much cheaper than the local stores here. So is that possible to buy ammo and transport to BC? Like going to Seattle or Burlington to buy some ammo? Any guys tried of this or is this practical?

sawmill
02-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Christ,it`s hard enough to cross the border anyway,I think I`d pass on the ammo transport.After 911 i couldn`t get a treestand shipped here,it was restricted.I can just imagine the body cavity search while they look for the firearm.:eek: But it`s your ass;)

zedex
03-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Are we talking ammunition or reloading supplies like powder and bullets? I go across the border all the time to get powder, bullets, but have never bought ammunition. I pay my GST and im on my way.Call Canada Customs .

palmer
03-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Its no prob...as long as the stuff is for yourself....There are limits on amounts like loaded ammo, powder etc. but just stop in with Canada Customs and ask...its as easy as that...

boxhitch
03-08-2005, 10:41 PM
There may be an issue with a Canuck possessing/transporting ammo in some states, without proper papers. Buying a local hunting license may bypass this issue. But then again, if no on knows,,,, sssshhhhh! Once you are at the border, your in Canada.

Paul Two-Bears
03-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Last time I tried - which was in Oroville, they asked for proof of U.S. residency. Close to the border they don't sell ammo to Canadians, and they can tell we are Canadians by the funny way we talk.

hoochie
04-10-2005, 02:32 AM
5000 rounds of ammo and lots of other combo's are allowed to cross back home with you. Call Customs, as they have a chart there and rattle off a bunch of stuff to you that you can and cannot bring back. Just remember echange, and taxes when you bring it home. The canadian Government would prefer you to buy Candaian... so much for free trade..lol

Whackamole
04-14-2005, 02:53 PM
*sigh* Here we go

Ammo, reloading components and vital guns parts (as well as gun parts valued over 100 U.S dollars) are all controlled by the BATFE. For years Canadian-U.S laws have gone against each other confusing those trying to import.

Under Canadian law you are able to import 5000 rounds or less given you pay the taxes, Under the BATFE you are NOT aloud to export ammo without a permit and if you try and get caught on the U.S side you could be in for alot of trouble (imprisonment for up to 30 days without argument, charges, fines you name it).

In the end unless you're getting one "helluva deal" it's usually not worth buying things that require export permits

If you wanna play with fire, go ahead. If you don't, play it safe.

The U.S has lots of liberty in their laws but when it comes to imports or exports they tend to be pretty tight. Ironic no?