PDA

View Full Version : I love B.C. Boat Ramps!

zaconb
08-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Just wish I could get this rig on my trailer!:lol:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/zaconb/Home/P7030090.jpg

Mr. Dean
08-21-2007, 08:46 AM
It would've been cheaper to just haul it to the beach on your back.

zaconb
08-21-2007, 08:52 AM
It would've been cheaper to just haul it to the beach on your back
:razz::razz::razz:

Free is Free:smile:

4ptbuck
08-21-2007, 09:20 AM
which launch is that?
It ain't the commercial launch in Steveston is it?
PM me if it is....

Mr. Dean
08-21-2007, 09:22 AM
:razz::razz::razz:

Free is Free:smile:

Can't argue w/ that!

Nice boat btw.

MB_Boy
08-21-2007, 09:49 AM
which launch is that?
It ain't the commercial launch in Steveston is it?
PM me if it is....

Pretty sure it is Mosquito Creek.

Rick....did they have to bring out the heavy duty straps to move that beast around?? Where are all the dock workers? You would think they would have a half dozen or so to launch that "yacht". :wink:

I am headed back up north for some fishing and cruising today, but will try to connect soon.

BTW.....the "get together" this Saturday in Horseshoe Bay is pretty close to you. Just get up on the #1 Highway and head west....and you will see signs directing you into Horseshoe Bay.

If we are back down in time on Saturday I am going to make a run across the bridge to join in the shenanigans.

Scott

Jagermeister
08-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Damm! I wish we had a couple of those here in Kamloops.:-(

CNE
08-21-2007, 12:42 PM
I want that boat. is that an outboard jet?

zaconb
08-22-2007, 09:30 AM
which launch is that?MB_Boy is correct, Mosquito Creek, our new home!

Rick....did they have to bring out the heavy duty straps to move that beast around?? Where are all the dock workers? You would think they would have a half dozen or so to launch that "yacht"The only help I got from the crew was laughter, after moving furniture for two days solid the crew felt bad for me and launched the S.S. Bufflehead for free!
Thanks for the Saturday invite but it's our anniversary so I’ll be sticking close to home, but soon enough we'll have a frosty!

I want that boat. is that an outboard jet?Nope, it's a Mud Buddy long tail, and I'll be buried with it;-)

Wildman
08-22-2007, 11:04 AM
They have those at most Marinas that have dry docks as far as I am aware of.

rudar
09-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I love the difference between the U.S. and Canada. My friends brought up a 25-footer sailboat from Portland. Taking it out of the water, they had to stand behind a spectator safety fence 100 yards from the hoist. At Mosquito Creek, the dock hands asked us if we wanted to pose *under* the boat while they snapped some pictures of us :)

Dano
09-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mosquito Creek is Indian reserve and therefore exempt for a lot of the regulations other places have.....
Dan

I love the difference between the U.S. and Canada. My friends brought up a 25-footer sailboat from Portland. Taking it out of the water, they had to stand behind a spectator safety fence 100 yards from the hoist. At Mosquito Creek, the dock hands asked us if we wanted to pose *under* the boat while they snapped some pictures of us :)

rudar
09-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Good point. Perhaps that particular ramp is somewhat of an outlier and not representative of B.C. policies... My bad, over-generalising like that.

Danny
09-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Where did you pickup the mud motor? Local or did you have to go deep into the USA.
Dan

zaconb
09-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Had her shipped straight from the factory in Utah!

Danny
09-10-2007, 08:02 PM
You put in at Mosquito creek ,where are you hunting ??? Salt chuck or are you running all the way to the fore shore??
Dan

DavidGordon
09-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Nice boat, I think we are just down the slip way from you in a retired gillnetter.

zaconb
09-10-2007, 08:49 PM
You put in at Mosquito creek ,where are you hunting ??? Salt chuck or are you running all the way to the fore shore??
Dan

Yes and no, I actually live at Mosquito Creek and I'll be trailering her to all the hunting spots.

Nice boat, I think we are just down the slip way from you in a retired gillnetter.

Then drop by for a cold one!

Wildman
09-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Kind of off topic but it sort of has to do with boat ramps. I saw this a few years back........http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z137/Islandwild_2007/DSCF0013e.jpg