PDA

View Full Version : fly in moose hunt?

sloshula
01-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Im looking into a fly in moose hunt in northen bc. I don't have a lot of info. Hoping someone might be able to point me the right way. thanks

Steeleco
01-24-2005, 09:18 AM
Check out http://www.goabc.org/01search/01index.html you can bounce around there and likely find a guide that can fly you into lots of awesome hunting areas.

sloshula
01-24-2005, 01:17 PM
thanks alot for the info.Will let you know how i make out

boxhitch
01-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Check out the BC hunting regs for adverts by some packers/transports, if all you need is transportation. Some supply camps also. Boat or horseback hunts are definitely cheaper than flying, especially the return trip with lots of meat. The moose are everywhere, and you don't have to get too far off of the beaten path to find them.

BCHunter
02-13-2005, 05:38 PM
call a bush pilot and get his costs...that what I've done for the past two years. A trip in and out for two people costs $3000, and thats gas driving up and down and two hotel stays-one up and one on the way back.....and the pilots money. Its very cheap! You have about a 99% chance for a kill

boxhitch
02-15-2005, 11:46 AM
BCH - so are you saying that a two-way flight for two , and a meat haul, cost about $2500.00 ? Where was your pick up point ? What did this allow for a camp set up ? Inquiring minds .........

butcher
02-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Boxhitch, I fly quite a bit and it can be done for even less than BCHunter has quoted. My last trip cost almost exactly $1000 each for two guys. That's the full meal deal. Packed in a good camp, wall tent, stove, cots, boat, motor, powersaw, tons of grub. Brought all out except for the food plus two moose. Depends on how far you want to fly though.