PDA

View Full Version : Omineca Source for Sports

Marc
08-17-2007, 05:30 AM
I'd like to welcome and thank our newest sponsor, Omineca Source for Sports. They are located in Vanderhoof, the geographical center of British Columbia. They have it all, from rifles, shotguns, handguns, archery, clothing, fishing gear, hockey, paintball, and bikes. Proud to support BC's Hunters, Omineca Source for Sports is your source for all your hunting needs.

www.ominecasourceforsports.com (http://www.ominecasourceforsports.com/)

swamper
08-17-2007, 07:03 AM
For anyone heading up that way, be sure to stop in there and have a look around. I always seem to find something that I just can't live without every time I go. The staff are great and the prices very competetive.

And I don't even work there!!!

Chris

Bow Walker
08-17-2007, 09:20 AM
I've heard and read some good things about them. A definite spot to stop on my list, if and when I'm up there.

Gateholio
08-17-2007, 12:36 PM
I do all my mail order through them these days, too...Prices are just a little bit over WSS, but I get it wihtin days and the service is far better.

Nechako Outdoors
08-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Thank you Marc for the introduction. Omineca Source for Sports is excited to get the chance to deal with the members from HuntingBC. If anybody has a question or inquiry, I am encouraging them to get a hold of us, either via private message on HBC, email us, or phone. You will find our contacts on our website, which can be visited by clicking the banner at the top of the page or by clicking the link in the signature line.

Looking forward to dealing with you all

Omineca Source for Sports

Elkhound
08-17-2007, 03:58 PM
thanks for joining and sponsoring HBC fellas. Hope to do business with you in the future.

CanAm500
08-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Any discounts for HBC members?

.....someone had to ask....

Nechako Outdoors
08-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Shortly there will be HBC member only specials which will be posted in the sponsors forum. Keep a watch out!

ROEBUCK
08-17-2007, 06:39 PM
I am a happy customer of ominica purchasing a 7mm.08 for my wife. had excellant friendly service both before and after thankyou, would recomend THIS STORE

BCLongshot
08-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Right on they did it !

Good store !

Nice people well except for.....

Just kidding !

See you soon.

oldtimer
08-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Doesn't someone called Bartells work there ????? RUN AWAY RUN AWAY ..LOL just kidding>> good store folks and come on up. Mike

bochunk2000
08-20-2007, 06:24 PM
I was in ther on the way to our Moose hunt in Ft St James last year. Its a great store. Do you have a catalog for Mailorder or do we just give you a call.
Steve.

Nechako Outdoors
08-20-2007, 06:44 PM
give us a call, or check out our site, which is fairly new and still under construction, so check back once and a while and see how its shaping up

gotmoose?
08-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks to HBC I have made my first purchase through Omineca Source for Sports today and it will not be my last. It is refreshing to deal with a business who has what I need in stock or can get it for me or offer me an alternative. Unlike wholesale or Russell's who seem to have nothing in stock and tell you to call back on a weekly basis to see if they have received a new shipment. Not to mention the fact that I can't stand it when employees don't know what your talking about! You would think that one of the biggest suppliers out of Alberta would hire someone who knows what a choke tube is? Enough already about the negative. I would like to thank Mark form OMINECA for his excellent customer service! Twice he called me back on the weekend to update me on a products I was looking for and told me he would call me first thing Monday morning when he contacted his supplier to confirm the product was available. First thing Monday morning I received a phone call and made my first purchase from OMINECA. I guess I won't call wholesale or Russell's back next week LOL! Thanks Mark!

newhunterette
08-21-2007, 08:18 AM
wohoooooooo Omineca Source for Sports - y'all have hockey gear too - please tell me I can get Vaughn Goalie Gear thru you :) - thanks for sponsoring HBC looking forward to checking out the site etc.

Ali

Bowzone_Mikey
08-24-2007, 05:52 PM
hmmm Lunch in Vanderhoof ... Might hafta check ya out, You stock or get Target Archery stuff ...or are ya strickly huntin?

Looking for a Good surloc or Tox sight with a scope and possibly a zeiss 3x lens

loki
08-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Yet another good plug for Omineca Source for Sports from me.

Great customer service, competitive pricing, and a selection of items available only to Source for Sports makes for a great store. If they were in my town they'd have a hard time getting me out in time for closing :)

They have outfitted me with all of my major bowhunting purchases, all of my current fishing purchases, and I'll be shopping there for any future firearms purchases.

Two thumbs up for OSFS from me.

BCLongshot
08-26-2007, 07:26 AM
I know the "Vaughn" of Vaughn goalie gear.

Ya Mark is a nice young lad.

striperjack
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
I personally would rather try a smaller local shop than wholesale sports. I think the service is way better in smaller shops. I will stop in and check them out on my trip North in May

3kills
03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
was going to stop in on our way through comin home from terrace but plans changed left a day earlier then planned and mark wasnt workin so we didnt stop but we did get this nice pic on our way through the hoof at 100+ km/hr

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/3killslookin4more/DSCF0194.jpg

todbartell
03-26-2009, 11:17 PM
I see they still haven't fixed the website address... :lol:

3kills
03-27-2009, 08:52 AM
ya i noticed that after when lookin at the pics

northof49
07-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Just adding another plug for Omineca. Great to deal with, had the loading goodies I needed when I couldn't find them at any of the other "Big boxes". Courier got em to me within a couple days. Thx guys!

muledeercrazy
09-21-2010, 12:51 AM
I got some help i really needed from these guys, and i had bought the item in question from another store. I look forward to giving them some business when i can.

Mutt58
10-28-2012, 07:06 PM
I have always had great service from these guys!

04-23-2013, 09:54 AM
I went into to Nechako a few weeks ago looking for a set of matte Weaver #16 bases for a Savage .22 I bought from Mark a few years ago. They only had gloss in stock so I was out of luck. Then one of the folks behind the gun counter remembered that a set had come with a new rifle, but the purchaser wanted different mounts - or something like that. He dug them out and gave them to me. What a nice gesture - I'll keep going back there!

Weatherby Fan
04-23-2013, 10:01 AM
I went into to Nechako a few weeks ago looking for a set of matte Weaver #16 bases for a Savage .22 I bought from Mark a few years ago. They only had gloss in stock so I was out of luck. Then one of the folks behind the gun counter remembered that a set had come with a new rifle, but the purchaser wanted different mounts - or something like that. He dug them out and gave them to me. What a nice gesture - I'll keep going back there!

I have found that their customer service is second to none, Mark is first class to deal with.
WF

Weatherby Fan
06-27-2013, 12:31 PM
I just bought two scopes from Brendan at Nechako in PG and the scopes were on my doorstep in Maple Ridge in two days,
incredible service and a pleasure to deal with.
Thanks again
WF

REMINGTON JIM
06-27-2013, 05:22 PM
MY dealings and SERVICE from both Mark & Brendan at is Very GOOD also ! :-D RJ

Grumpa Joe
07-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Hey Mark,

Received the parcel for the courier today. Thank you so much.

I ordered some bullets from the bullet sale and inquired about a shellplate for my Hornady LnL press that I could not get from any store in the Lower Mainland. All are having difficulties getting product from their suppliers. Mark said he would check around. That was June 19th and he had it in his possession on June 29th. Sent out on July 2nd and received on July 3rd. Awesome service! I try to support my local stores as much as possible but I will definitely be checking in with Mark if I need something from now on.

Joe

todbartell
07-03-2013, 02:55 PM
thanks for the kind words Joe, glad we could get you looked after quickly! cheers

Mark aka todbartell (Gatehouse's father)

RedBeard81
12-21-2017, 05:13 PM
110% agree! Nechako Outdoors is first class.

tuffteddyb
08-26-2018, 05:07 PM
Nechako Outdoors just p[lain AWESOME too do buisness with!!

RDdog
02-16-2020, 02:22 PM
good people, I shop there when ever I pass through.

albravo2
02-16-2020, 03:09 PM
Hands down my favourite shop to deal with. I always enjoy a chat with Mark and shipping is fast.