PDA

View Full Version : Down in forty

interceptor
08-15-2007, 11:56 PM
G'day Lads,

I went out with a mate yesterday looking for a few pigs. The pigs were not co-operating but I walked onto this guy.

We were on our way back to camp after a long walk, hence no camo and the fact that I am wearing thongs. We spotted a good boar trotting across the road but by the time I got there he had dissappeared. I walked 100 mtrs or so and I spotted this guy in a small creek, I had good cover as the grass along the creek was high and pretty think, I got into 16 yards (range finder said so :) ) and I waited for the brute to stand broadside. After about 5 minutes he decided that he was going to lay down in the creek, so I moved around to try for a shot into the vitals down beside the spine but he was too low into the creek.

He turned his head to face me so I decided to move around so he would spot me and right on que he stood facing me wondering what was going on. I was already at full draw and had my top pin centered on his chest, The arrow buried completely upto the nock and the razor sharp Supreme did it's job (as always) his life blood poured from the hole in his chest as he turned away. He turned after only making 10 yards and looked at me one more time before bolting. He crashed into the ground less than 40 yards from the point of impact,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Beautiful............ .........

As a side note my arrow only stopped because it had hit a rib, the Supreme was almost through the rib, not bad after going 30" odd through a buff I thought.

One arrow front on from under 16 yards, he was down in less than 40 yards and lights out in no time (under a minute I reckon).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/interceptor429/hunting%20pics/Arnhemland001a.jpg

Cheers Noel

Amphibious
08-16-2007, 08:33 AM
bloody oath nice buff :D

bigwhiteys
08-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Crazy!!! Sounds like a good day... Great to hear of your hunting tales from down under. I like your hat.

Carl

Bow Walker
08-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Good shooting Noel. I can see from the amount of blood in the grass that he still had some left when he piled up.

Is he for a trophy or do you eat the meat? Come to think about it - is the meat edible?

newhunterette
08-16-2007, 09:00 AM
wow - that is incredibly awesome - this shiela would love to take down something like that one day - good on ya mate.

hehehehe
Ali

Elkhound
08-16-2007, 10:39 AM
That is great Noel......Love to see these posts. Great job

interceptor
08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks Lads and Lady :)

Yeah these guys are good eating and there is plenty of it.

This big guy just could not stand he was dead on his feet and did not know it, it's always great to get a quick kill even more so on these tuff old buggers.

Cheers Noel

kishman
08-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Wow what a story, I really like reading posts from other parts of the world (except Toronto). Nice Buffalo.....:cool:

Steeleco
08-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Good job Noel, what amount of meat will that beast net you? And when is the Barbi gonna be ready!!!

BCLongshot
08-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Radical Radical

interceptor
08-16-2007, 08:40 PM
G'day Lads,

Yeah they are a big critter alright, they average probably 600 kgs and can get upto to 1000kgs on the hoof I guess, I have never tried to weigh one eh :)

We gave most of the meat to the owners and had the backstraps ourselves.

Cheers Noel

Chuck
08-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Fantastic...That's what I'd like to do. Congrats on a job well done. I once saw a guy on TV drop one of those critters using only his thumb and little finger, but then I think he was only trying to impress his lady friend. Humor NEVER hurt anyone and at least I tried.....

Mik
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Thats awesome, I love to see animals down from other parts of the world.Congrats.