PDA

View Full Version : FOBs. Anybody on here use them ?

BlacktailStalker
08-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I was talking to an older guy at the archery range today and he loves them.
He doesnt hunt but shoots 3d for fun and he says its quite easy for him to shoot a 6-7" group at 70 yards.
They self tune broadheads and if you get a complete pass through on an animal, they just slide off the arrow onto the ground.
I might try them after my elk hunt, to see if the hype is what its said to be.
I never got to see him shoot as he was working on the trails but he showed me his set up and his arrows. He said the only downside is you can only shoot one, because if you hit one with another arrow, iyou might crack one.
About $20 U.S per dozen, and they send you one extra.
Might be worth playing around with...

http://www.starrflight.com/how.php

Shots at 100 yards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F0-jKmvCCI&mode=related&search=

Bow Walker
08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
I've seen them and they do a good job. From all I've read, they work well - even in cross-wind conditions.

But........with the rest that I favor - they don't work because they won't pass thru the arrow containment system. APA Safari Twister.

Check what type of rest you have as to whether or not they are compatible.

mikek blacktail
08-13-2007, 09:59 PM
you must have been talking to doug they do work good with broadheads but I'm worried about shooting through brush with them they could deflect I'm going to try them out on bears next spring I'll tell yah how it goes.

Wildfoot
08-13-2007, 11:35 PM
i bought a pack, but they dont work with my rest, the top flight phantom.

Bowzone_Mikey
08-15-2007, 08:56 PM
you notice how buddy was ranging a bag in the video ... and shot a 3d deer ....

One could easily pick apart his form too .... :roll: leaves me a little suspicious to the authenticity of the video

I have used em ... they are a Fad ... Cant say I am big fan of them .... I honestly like "turbo nocks" better than FOBs .... And I cant honestly say I like Turbo Nocks all that much.

ribber
08-19-2007, 05:37 PM
I?d like to give them a try anybody know where to buy the around B.C.? or even on the Island?. I'm going to Regina on Tuesday anybody out ther have any?:lol:

BlacktailStalker
08-19-2007, 06:47 PM
ribber; Apparently they arent widely distributed yet and you have to order from their website. At least that is what I was told. I may try them out after I hang the bow up in a couple months.
She's just too dialed in right now to start tuning with another toy right now :)