PDA

View Full Version : Shed Huntin Yet??

DUKE
01-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Anyone Find Any Sheds Yet??? Waiting For Weather To Turn Before A Look See. ..question?? Mulie Or Whitetail Shed First?? Thanks.

3kills
01-15-2005, 01:28 PM
depends on the area..i have learned a lot of different areas the deer shed at different times in some areas whitetails will shed in dec and other they wont drop till late jan..

Red Foreman
01-15-2005, 03:33 PM
I have a buddy in Princeton and he said the deer have shedded already over there.I haven't been out too much since hunting season so I haven't seen any deer,does or bucks.

fester
01-15-2005, 05:07 PM
saw a blacktail the other day he still had full headgear on

palmer
01-15-2005, 06:08 PM
WAY TOO COLD TO START LOOKING YET.......But the whitetail buck I saw today still had four points on each side......

Canuck2
01-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Duke, my observations over the years here have whitetails losing antlers in late December and the mulies about a month later.

Palmer, all the whitetails I have been watching had lost their head gear by the end of December. Here's a set I found from one of them over the Christmas break.
(And way to go with that nice goat at the horn scoring extravagaza last weekend).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Canuck2/IMGP0877.jpg

palmer
01-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Nice set, but I saw the same buck today and he still had his....must be a slow leaner.

As for the goat ...I had a great time getting him and hope he will look good on my wall. If you ever want a goat ...do i have the spot for you...we were seeing 20 to 40 goats per day...

sawmill
01-23-2005, 03:35 PM
I`ve been taking photo`s of a narly old mulie buck for the last 3 years and this fall he looked like shit,one eye poked out.tore all to hell on his ribs.I knew he wouldn`t last to much longer.So today me and my wife went to where I`d seen him last (2 months ago) and Lo and Behold.....Found his skull and antlers!Friggen million to one shot but now he lives here .My son is coming over to take pics. with his digital and I`ll post them.I want to get him aged cause Ithink he must be at least 15...16years old.His teeth are worn right to the gums.Any way where should I send a tooth?I`m not sure about the Gov. cause well you know,they are the Goverment.Any suggestions?:confused:

3kills
01-23-2005, 03:38 PM
there is away to age them ur self...there is a link on here some where on how to do it...

Kirby
01-23-2005, 04:40 PM
sawmill, talk to a couple of dentist, if your lucky one of them will do it, or a Vet, they just need to grind the tooth, die it, and count the rings(they will know how to do it). I don't think the gov does it anymore.

Kirby